Chapter 65: Finding a Grandfather & Healing a Friend

Start from the beginning

They worked together, discussing and updating techniques like Flying Raijin, Edo-Tensei, etc. Thanks to Orochimaru, the Edo Tensei technique was within easy reach of the enemy. Naruto and Tobirama worked out various ways to defeat the technique. They adjusted their schedules with busting Orochimaru's hideouts, spying on the Akatsuki and letting Naruto perform her duties as the Assistant Commander of the ANBU. 

Tobirama was immensely proud of what his relative had achieved at a young age. They were related not only because the Uzumaki and Senju clans were distant cousins or that Hashirama had married Mito. This revelation came around three months into Tobirama's training. Let's see (cough) read (cough) what had happened.

.

"Sensei, did you have a secret love life? The accounts in Konoha haven't mentioned anything of your spouse. But surely someone like you couldn't have gotten away without a romantic story." Naruto asked one day. Tobirama skirted around the topic, trying to distract her, the pink tint in his cheeks and ears betraying him. "Oh, come on, Sensei. You are way too handsome to not be caught and there must be someone special for you as well." After a great amount of coaxing and persistence that rivalled Hashirama's and seemed rather too familiar to the poor soul, Tobirama resigned to his fate and revealed. 

"Well, yes. It was many years after Anija's death. I had lost my brother, my light. Though I will never admit it on his face." He snorted. "I travelled to Uzu no Kuni on an errand for Mito Anee-sama. It would've usually been Anija or Anee-sama or my cousin Senju Touka. I had only visited the land a handful of times and never stayed long. That time, however, I had to stay longer due to bad weather that definitely didn't suit travellers. I had, by then, already known Uzumaki Arashi, Anee-sama's older brother by more than ten years. Yes that must be surprising for you now." He added looking at Naruto's surprised expression.

"For us who experienced numerous wars, love has no boundaries of age and numerous children were given birth to save a clan from extinction. It was the base of the Clan Restoration Act I had developed, but I also put in numerous restrictions to preserve humanity. For example, Tsunade, Anija's granddaughter, was born when he was in his late thirties. 

Anyway, I met his children for the first time during that visit- his two sons and a daughter, Uzumaki Naoko. Very pretty and talented. Brash but skilled. Her rage goes beyond even Mito and that is saying something. Needless to say, I was very much interested in her. With the permission of Arashi-sama, his sons, Mito Anee-sama, and her father, I courted her for more than a year and I was hopelessly in love with her. She was pregnant at the end of the year and I was more than ecstatic to ask her then to become my wife.