Chapter 12

"Where do you want to go first?" Momo asked, walking right next to Todoroki and looking around the large mall. It was a bit larger than her mansion, but impressive, nonetheless. The outdoor mall was filled with bustling teenagers, carrying numerous shopping bags in their hands. 

But right now they had to choose which shop they wanted to go to first. With Todoroki being the 'silent' type, he hadn't really talked much. They had driven here together, but their car ride was filled with silence. They hadn't really talked about where they wanted to go, and she wanted to break up the awkward silence.

Todoroki turned his head. "We can go shopping for your clothes and things first. I still need to think about what I want for my mom." He said, glancing around at the stores. I still don't know where to go first. "There are a lot of options to choose from."

Momo let out a little giggle. "Okay. We can go to a store where we can also pick up clothes for you too. I don't want you to be bored." She said, changing their path of course and heading to H&M. "You can go look at the men's stuff and I can go look at the women's stuff."

As they walked towards the store, Todoroki began to talk again. "No, it's fine. I might find something for my mom anyways." He said, trying to find a way to actually spend some time with Momo. 

The side of Momo's lips quirked up. "Well, come on! We are going to go through the whole mall!" She said with a wide smile, grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him along faster, making him stumble along the floor. Todoroki regained his posture as she pulled him along faster, slowing down once they approached the store. 

The red sign flashed H&M in large letters above the entrance. "I've never been here before..." Todoroki said, tilting his head up and looking at the sign. It didn't look familiar to him. Most of his clothes were bought by Fuyumi.

"Really? Well, knock yourself out because I'm rich and the clothes here are fairly cheap." Momo said, letting go of his wrist and extending her hands out and motioning to the entire store. "You can pick out whatever you want for your mom."

Todoroki glanced around the entire store. "Okay. But I don't know if you should pay for everything. That seems a bit ridiculous." He said to her. Obviously he would be open to someone paying for him—just because that people don't really do nice things for him—but he didn't really feel comfortable with Momo paying for everything. 

"It's fine, Todoroki! I insist." Momo reassured. She was fine with paying for everything, just because Todoroki was buying stuff for his mother. He hadn't really talked about his mother a lot, and seeing how he never really mentioned his mother, she figured that it was the least that she could do for him. 

Todoroki sighed and reluctantly nodded. "Okay." He said. 

-

After about 45 minutes being in the three floored store, they were finally ready to check out. Momo was carrying three shopping bags with her, two of them filled to the brim with clothes and the other bag with accessories and shoes. Todoroki was carrying another bag for her, filled with other clothes, and in his other hand was a bag with the stuff that he picked out for his mother. 

"Okay, Todoroki! Are you ready to go?" Momo chirped at him happily. "You got all your stuff?"

"Hmm? Yeah, I got your stuff and my mom's stuff. I'm ready to check out." Todoroki said, holding up both of the bags to her. 

Momo sighed. "You didn't get anything for yourself? No, no, no. We are going to get a bag full of things that you could wear." She grabbed the bag full of her clothes from his hands and put it on her shoulders. "Come on. Let's go."

Todoroki felt two hands on her back, pushing him in the direction of the men's items. "What are you doing?" He asked nonchalantly. Momo grunted as she continued to move the boulder that was Todoroki. 

"We... are getting you... some clothes!" Momo said. She took her hands off his back and 'tch'ed. "You know what, it was easier to drag you."

Momo took his free hand where her bag used to be and grabbed it with her own. Todoroki flushed at her sudden touch and followed her as she walked to the men's section. "Okay..." He said, feeling a wave of heat washing over his face. 

Todoroki didn't know what was happening to his face. Why is my face all red? Do I have a cold or something? I hope I don't get Yaoyorozu sick, then. 

Todoroki frowned as she took away her hand to reach out to an army green jacket. "Isn't this nice?" Momo turned her head to the side and smiled at a collared black shirt. "Ooh, and you would look really h- good." 

She chuckled to cover up her little remark. Handsome? Really? Hold yourself back, Momo. Momo took a deep breath and breathed out a stream of air. 

"Hmm... I guess." Todoroki shrugged, not really caring about the clothes. He never picked anything out for himself, so he was quite unsure about this whole thing. 

Momo put the two clothes items on her arm, dangling them down from her arm. "Pick anything you want and we can go try them on after. Now, hurry up! We still need to hit some other stores!"

-

"Yaoyorozu?" Todoroki asked from the other side of the wall. They were both trying on their clothes, Momo trying to match her clothes and accessories with each other, just fiddling with the items.

Momo adjusted the straps on her top and messed with the necklace around her neck. "Yeah?" She replied, turning her waist and looking at herself in the mirror. This was a good fit. 

"Can you help me out?" Todoroki said. 

She sighed and pulled on the curtain, walking out the dressing room. "Come out here, Todoroki. Let me see."

Todoroki's curtain opened to reveal him in a pair of jeans with a unbuttoned shirt on his chest. "Is this supposed to be buttoned? You said this was a shirt, but it looks more like a jacket." He said. 

Momo giggled to cover her blush. The black collared shirt that she picked out for him was unbuttoned, revealing his bare chest. It was pretty obvious that he had never worn something like this. 

"Don't you do buttons when putting on your uniform? It's basically the same thing." Momo said, approaching him and grabbing the middle button and the other side of the shirt, putting the button through the hole. 

Todoroki shook his head. "No. I normally don't take off my buttons." He answered, watching as Momo started to go up, buttoning each one. 

"What about your head?" She asked, standing up properly and buttoning the button just below his chest. "Doesn't that get stuck?"

"What are you talking about?" Todoroki asked.

Momo shook her head with a smile. "Never mind, Todoroki." She fastened the last button on the top. Momo looked up at him looking back down at her. 

She looks... really pretty... Todoroki felt all these feelings rushing into him. He'd never experienced feelings like this. Love was a fairly new thing for him. He came from an abusive household so it was only natural for him not to experience these things. 

Momo kept her hands on the top button of his shirt, too dazed to let go of him. He took in a deep breath silently breathed out. She was a bit too close. Too close for his taste. 

She wasn't that much shorter than him, only one inch. That made their lips just right next to each other. Todoroki leaned down and kissed her softly. 

His lips were surprisingly soft... and sweet. Momo kissed back gently and pulled on his collar, wanting a bit more. Todoroki snaked his hands around her waist. Is this right? 

Momo tilted her head to the side so that their noses wouldn't bump and kissed with more passion. She pulled away gently, opening her eyes and glanced at his lips and looked to his eyes. His heterochromatic eyes were looking right back at her. 

"Yaoyorozu... I-"

"Do it again."