33. Stranger Danger

Start from the beginning

But you would like to make sure that you didn't simply "hear stuff" before making the long trek to the kitchen.

Your husband, dressed in his typical dark yukata, didn't even need five seconds to appear by the doorway.

His smooth skin was layered with a subtle glow all the way down, the bright white of his face contrasting with the black that makes his jawline look sharper than a blade.

Noticing your presence, Muzan's lips tugged into a smug grin.

"Oh, someone's looking for a round two with me?"

The question made you glance down quickly in embarrassment as you forcefully redirected your straying thoughts.

"I-It's not that," you murmured, regretting your decision to show up by his room in the first place. "I wanted to ask if you heard that? That sound from the kitchen?"

Muzan tilted his head, crimson eyes teeming with a slight hint of disappointment and then genuine curiosity

"No," he responded, unsure what you were referring to.

"Oh, okay," you replied, not sure what to say next. "Well, enjoy your night then."

Muzan almost looked letdown when you didn't ask to stay. But he noticed the awkward fumbling of your hands, and he decided to leave you alone.

"Good night," he whispered back before retreating back to his room.

When you turned away from Muzan's door, you heaved a sigh.

On your walk back to your room, you simply wished to bury your face in your hands and scream.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! you scolded yourself, squeezing your eyes shut as you patted your cheeks.

Why were you so bad at talking to your husband? Why did every conversation with him have to be so awkward? You could have at least ask how his day went.

You froze in your tracks, though, when you noticed someone appear down the halls.

Is Giyuu here already?

As the figure drew closer, you could make out a taller male figure, the tight-fitting turtleneck, the strands of light-colored hair...

This was not your childhood friend.

You surely didn't recognize him, nor did you know why he was at your residence.

Just staring at him made an eerie chill run down your spine.

Whoever he was, you decided that you should scurry back to your room.

Hopefully, he would not notice you. Especially since you were in the shadows while quietly tiptoeing away, you should be able to slip away without being—

"Hey, you! Little girl!"

The man's mocking voice cut through the air like an arrow piercing its target.

Crap.

Here's another person looking to corner you.

This situation seemed disgustingly similar to many others that you went through, none of which ended particularly well.

A nervous sweat started to bead at your temples.

Why did this always happen to you?

"That's right, I'm talking to you," he laughed when he noticed your hunched and frozen stature. "Isn't it past your bedtime? What is a pretty young lady like you doing out here?"

"Nothing," you sang uneasily to yourself, turning away from the approaching figure. "She's not doing anything. Please don't mind her."

This was your time to dash, the time to find safety as if your life depended on it (and it really did).

Since Giyuu had not arrived yet, this means...Muzan's your best bet.

Once you were frozen in fear, though, you couldn't will your shaking thighs to inch even a step towards Muzan's room, a step towards security.

Come on, you urged your stubborn thighs in vain.

As your mind scrambled for a possible escape, the man's footsteps were drawing close to you.

Suddenly, the man grabbed you by your hair, pulling you close enough to get a good look at his face.

His long, blonde hair. His rainbow-colored eyes.

Heart pounding, you also noticed the etchings on his glowing orbs: Upper Rank Two.

Was that some secret code or something?

"Scream your husband's name, and I'll cut your stomach open," he warned, tugging harder at your locks.

"Let go," you seethed despite the fear and pain settling into you. "You know nothing about me or my husband."

"Poor little sweetie," he pouted before whining under his breath, "You're so innocent. And to think that Koku-shit-bou's been hiding you instead of helping me."

You were not sure who he was talking about, so you asked the next best question. 

"Who are you?"

The blonde smiled as if he had been waiting to hear that.

"How rude of me to not introduce myself earlier," he replied with a smile, a smile that you wanted to smack off his face. "My name's Douma. I'm a demon, and I'm here to kill you."

A demon? Here to kill you?

That was it.

Your lips parted open, ready to scream for help, for someone who could save you.

For Muzan.

For Muzan Kibutsuji.

But you didn't get the chance.

Because, in the next second, Douma knocked you out in one swift punch.

MY DISCORD SERVER IS LIVE. COME JOIN FOR MOVIES STREAMS AND MUSIC NIGHTS AND MORE!!! The server link on my profile, and please follow me too! (: 

next update: next friday