19. Tonight, Together

"Sleep with me."

Sleep...with him?

As in, fuck with him?

When Muzan loosened his yukata belt and reached into his closet, your cheeks flushed hot.

Like, burning hot.

He wasn't planning what you think he was planning, right?

After your quiet walk home together, Muzan had suggested that you join him in his room.

He probably noticed you were stunned with fear the entire trek back, memories of tonight's bloodthirsty demon flashing in your mind.

Watching the slim, muscular man rummage through his shelves, you now realized that Muzan's seemingly sweet and caring words were simply a trick into getting busy with you.

Well, it's only to be expected.

You were utterly ashamed and could only blame yourself for falling into his trap: hook, line, and sinker.

Why were you so stupid?

He's male, you're female.

He's your husband, you're his wife.

You two have shared the same roof for a month, yet you haven't even done as much as kiss him.

And after saving his damsel in distress, he clearly wanted to ramp things up in the bedroom.

What able-bodied, good-looking man in his prime years wouldn't take the opportunity to fulfill his lustful desires with the woman he was married to?

Already, your husband was looking for...

"A pillow?" you blurted out with a tinge of disappointment and surprise, only to wish that you had slapped your mouth shut when you had the chance.

Muzan turned to you, the fluffy sack of foam in one hand and a blanket in the other. 

He raised an innocent brow as if to ask what's wrong. When he noticed your bewildered face and wide eyes, the man finally corrected himself.

"I mean, sleep next to me."

There it is again.

That small, sadistic tilt to his lips as if he had intended to make a fool of you all along.

Muzan casually tossed the new pillow and comforter on the floor's futon, next to his own items.

He then quickly switched into a new robe before you could stare at his chest for too long, then settled into his side of the mattress.

Patting the empty space beside him, he motioned you to join him.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm only here because you offered it," you rambled quickly, fanning yourself before turning around to hide your heated face.

"Wow," you continued. "You sure know how to make a big deal out of something so small!"

"But I didn't—"

"I understand! It's alright."

Humiliated enough, you quietly readied yourself for bed and wrapped yourself in the new sheets.

While Muzan shifted to face his nearby wall, you did the same to the opposing wall.

"Just make sure you don't touch me," you clarified.

You heard the slight tremble in your voice, and you wondered if Muzan enjoyed how vulnerable you were right now.

"I wasn't planning to," your husband deadpanned.