moonlight sonata

- this fic is saimatsu, lowercase intended, switching povs -

shuichis pov

it was 2 in the morning. why is someone else up?

i was sitting in my room, i was awoken by a nightmare and couldn't fall asleep. i heard the sound of a piano singing a song... i recognized its tune. i sat for a few minutes, enjoying the melodies company, then wondered where it was coming from?

quietly, i opened my door and wandered through the halls. the beautiful song got louder and louder. finally, i came across a classroom with a cracked door marked, "music room AB"

kaedes pov

its no use. i cant sleep. not with the thought that someone in this school could come for me at any time. i've been restless since i came here. i need to take my mind off of it. i wonder if there's a piano somewhere here...

i tipped toed through the school, trying to find someone to put myself at ease. "music room AB, huh. let's give it a try." i pushed open the door to find a vintage grand piano, maybe from the 50's, glistening in the moonlight. it was beautiful. my mind whispered. i bet it's even more beautiful when singing. i brushed off the dust on the chair and sat down. i positioned myself, and played whatever came to mind. my hands practically danced as they created a masterpiece.

shuichis pov

i peeked in through the crack. "ah! kaede.." i mumbled. her backside was turned to me, and i watched as she played the piano. not only was the song pouring from her heart beautiful, but she was too. her hair, it was sparkling more than any star. and her hands, they hovered above the keys, like ghosts floating above ground. the whole scene felt like a fairytale. i couldn't stop myself from humming along. minutes went by like days. i lost myself in the mysterious tone emulating from the girl on the piano.
as she basked in the moonlight, i realized what she was playing. "moonlight sonata".

a few moments later, her hand slipped. she stopped completely.

"dammit." she whispered.

i had completely forgot that she thought she was alone, and when soft laughter came from my mouth, she jumped out of her chair

"aah!! oh, it's you, shuichi.."
"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."
"nah, your fine."

i walked over to the blonde girl.

"you play.. so.. delicately. its beautiful."
she blushed.
"oh.. heh.. thanks..!"
she sat back down and patted the spot next to her.
"c'mon! i'll teach you..!"
"o-oh! okay.."
she took my hands and showed me all the keys. my heart was beating faster and faster.

"..and when you play these three at the same time.. it makes a chord!!.. oh, i'm sorry, am i being confusing..?"
"n-no! not at all. i guess i just like listening to you talk.. you're very interesting, kaede. you know that?"
i smiled at her, admiring her delicate frame. she was blushing even more.
"shuichi.."
i took her hands in mine. "stay with me, kaede. let's make it out of here, together. we'll create the most beautiful melodies we can imagine."
"i'd like that very much."
she pulled me in for a hug. we stayed like that for a few minutes, then she got up and stuck her hand out to me.
"dance with me, shuichi! we don't want this night to go to waste, do we?"
she grabbed me by the hand, and put my hands on her hips. we swayed back and forth. i eventually picked up the rhythm she was laying.
step one two.. step one two..
i watched as she smiled in the moonlight.
i took her hand, twirled her, and dipped.
when she came back up, our faces were an inch apart. she whispered, "shuichi.. i.."
she smiled.
"i love you..!"