Chapter 39 - Las Iglesia

Start from the beginning

"Then there were three", I muttered to myself. I went back over to the and sat against it.

"What just happened?" Malia asked, her eyes wild from shock.

I waited for stiles for answer but when he didn't I said, "three men just came and took Kira and Scott".

"I know that but why?" Another question from Malia. She moved over to the wall across from me and sat down.

I shrugged my shoulders. "You're asking the wrong person. Stiles is the brains".

"What are you?"

"Collateral damage".

Sometimes I find scars I didn't know I had. I rubbed my finger against the latest one I found. It wasn't big but it was fairly long, it wrapped around my calve. I pressed on it, the normal reddish tone disappearing and being replaced by a yellow one. When I released the hold on the scar it went back to normal, I repeated this, finding some enjoyment from it. I didn't think of what I said to Malia but as the words came out of my mouth I glanced over at Stiles who's face dropped subtly. His sorrowful eyes looked away I guess he can't bare the truth, to Stiles that is who I was. Seeing him here with Malia after what had happened, after he claimed to want to be with me, it all felt like a lie. It was clear they had become closer while I was away, whether he used her to fill the Emily shaped hole in his heart or actually wanted her, my feelings weren't thought about. He hasn't even said sorry for this. For how he was acting with her right in front of my face, how close they were and how he never even tried again with me. Maybe I'm being selfish but I see it as having respect for myself.

"Can you hear them?" Stiles had begun to pace.

Malia closed her eyes as she tried to hear. She shook her head. "I can't hear there's too many voices".

My eyes followed him as he knelt down, placing his hands on her knees. My jaw tensed, I didn't want to see his hands on her but I couldn't look away. "Breathe with me". He told her.

'Breathe with me' this is what Stiles and I would say to each other whenever we were having an anxiety attack. It was our words, sacred to only use who knew how to comfort the other and now he'd betrayed that. It was their words not ours, as the worlds rolled off his tongue it felt like a dagger to my heart. "Look at my eyes, focus on the sound of my voice. Do anything you need to do to concentrate. Concentrate..."

I felt sick. Malia had cut Stiles off by crashing her lips onto his. They were kissing right in front of me. Now he had just ripped my heart out of me but instead of feeling sad. I felt angry, why hadn't Stiles stopped her? Had they done this recently? "Are you for real Stiles?"

He pushed Malia away remembering I was in the room. "Emily, I- oh god I'm so sorry". He turned slowly to face me, ashamed of what he had just done.

"Only want me huh?" I scoffed. The words barely came out of my mouth as my throat closed. The inconsistency in my breathing was a worrying sign, I couldn't have a panic attack not here not with them. He had lied to me, he had betrayed me and he had disrespected me. How can I mean so little to someone? How can I love someone who treats me like this? How can I be so wrong about someone? My mind was full of so many heart breaking questions.

"E-Ems, I-I have been meaning to talk to you", he stuttered. He went to walk over to me but I put my hand up, stopping him.

"Oh I'm sure you have", I spat. "When were you planning on talking to me? After you made it to second base in front of me?"

"No, we just haven't had the time", he fumbled for an excuse.

"Stiles I've been home for days now and I live next door to you. You've had plenty of time". My breathing quickened, Stiles noticed this. He knew the signs, he tried to come over to me again. "Don't" What did he think he could do? Say our words to me after sharing them with Malia. "How could you?"