Chapter 7

"I'm really surprised Mother, the-" Prim immediately becomes speechless as she watches Gale lay me back down on the hospital bed. I have lost consciousness following Coin's beating; the numerous wounds all over my body are bleeding heavily and there's a large bruise on my chest. That's where Coin kicked me the hardest. "What happened to my big sister!?"
Gale only shakes his head, still too mad about what occurred and how he didn't stop it in time. Both of his hands remain in fists on his side. "Just help her okay? And I'll explain everything once I know she's out of the woods."
Prim glances down at me quick, seeing all the blood I have lost and she knows my chances at surviving are very low. She plants a quick kiss on my forehead and my mother lays the electrodes my chest. Her eyes go wide when she sees the monitor. She's forced to do a double take. "Katniss has no heartbeat!" 
Gale gasps loudly seeing the flat line going across the monitor. His eyes quickly fill with tears but he tries his best not to let them out. Instead, he watches them get to work on me. My mother quickly begins performing CPR on me while Prim attaches the necessary IVs and gets a breathing tube down my throat. "Prim, charge up the defibrillators now!" 
"Yes doctor," Prim says professionally and presses the button so they begin charging. Once they're fully charged, Prim places the two pedals on my chest and sends a powerful shock to my heart, hoping to restart it. "There's no change Mom, Katniss's heartbeat remains a flat line." 
My mother increases the oxygen in the breathing tube, than makes the IVs drip faster. "Katniss needs these important medications, along with the blood transfusion," she says and then pushes a loose strand of hair out of my face. 
Gale has left the room, furious with Coin because of what she has done. Prim gives my hand a quick squeeze. "We have to shock you again Katniss. I'm sorry about it but please wake up. Don't even think about leaving me yet, I can't live without you. Please fight to get your heartbeat back."
(To be continued)
(Written by @HopeMockingjay_)