Chapter 3

My heart is quickly breaking into millions of little pieces seeing Peeta in this kind of condition. This is not the same person I left behind at the lightning tree. His eyes are full of hate for me. With some hesitation, I place my hand on the glass window. "He can't see you Katniss. It's a one way mirror for us doctors to use...we can observe Peeta without him knowing." 
I'm unable to move my neck around because of the brace, but I would recognize Prim's voice anywhere. She has grabbed hold of my right arm, cleaning away the dried up blood from when I had yanked out the IV line. "Will he...get better?" My voice is extremely raspy; my vocal cords still haven't recovered fully from the attack. 
"We have been trying different intravenous medications, but so far there hasn't been any kind of improvement," Prim sighs sadly as she leads me back to the prison cell known as my hospital room. They're determined to keep me in here, lying on that rock hard bed with rock hard pillows. 
Speaking is still rather difficult for me to do, so I remain completely quiet as they get me back down in bed. My mind is just racing with endless thoughts of Peeta; I don't even pay attention to anything they're doing to me. Will he be alright, return to the Peeta I had known from our childhood? Will he become my boy with the bread again? Or will President Coin see him as a traitor and end his life? She'll probably say that he's just a danger to everyone in District Thirteen, given how he strangled me. 
Prim glances over at my mother. "Her heartbeat is fast, blood pressure high, and oxygen levels are low. I've increased the flow of oxygen into the nubbins," she says professionally and my mother nods sadly. That's when I yank them out of my nose, hating how uncomfortable they feel. I'm known for removing things anyways. 
As she's placing them back in my nose, the door suddenly slides open and Coin walks into my hospital room. Her eyes go wide in shock when she sees the condition I'm in. My neck is still pretty swollen, my eyes remain red, and I continue to have some breathing difficulty despite the stupid nubbins. "I demand an answer right now...can Katniss can our Mockingjay or not?" 
(Written by @HopeMockingjay )