Late Night Picnic

Start from the beginning

"So, Punz, what are you up to today?" I asked and she smiled holding up a piece of rolled up parchment

"So, Punz, what are you up to today?" I asked and she smiled holding up a piece of rolled up parchment. "Oh, you know, just normal princess duties." She said and I smiled. "Well, I hope all goes well for you!" I said and she nodded before gasping. "You should join me! Come on!" She said not giving me time to answer before dragging me along with her to do her royal duties.

"Any progress on the protection?" Rapunzel asked as we started walking together. "Um, yes and no. There is a lot of Corona, and only one of me. I've made progress, but it doesn't really feel like I have. I have Sunny to help, but he will help for maybe half an hour before taking a three hour nap. I think that maybe if I can perform a large protection spell in the heart of the kingdom it will help tremendously. Once I do that, I can just make the rest of Corona into part of a giant protection symbol. I'm just waiting on a response to see if it's even plausible to do." I said and Rapunzel nodded. "Speaking of Sunny, where is he?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I sent him yesterday to deliver a letter to Sapphs. He's either with him now in Old Corona, on his way back with a letter from him, or they're both on their way here."

"I think it's great how-oh, I would tilt it this way, Feldspar, so it's visible to the afternoon traffic." Rapunzel said tilting the shoe makers sign more towards the road. A little girl dropped her ball and Rapunzel picked it up. "Princess, Rapunzel!" The girl said and she handed the girl the red ball. "Keep your eye on the ball. And watch that follow through." She said as the girl ran off and I giggled. Rapunzel spited a merchant and walked over to him with the parchment in her hand. "Your plans are approved! Build that haberdashery." She said and the man cheered. "Live the dream!" Rapunzel said spinning around with a smile before facing a horse. "Oat delivery tonight!" She said to the horse and I giggled.

"Rapunzel, you realize that as queen, you don't need to be out in the streets all the time, right?" Eugene said as he approached with Max and Fidella. "Well, remember, technically I'm still a princess. Besides, this is where the real action is." She said before a bourse neighed loudly. We all looked over to see a large black rat scaring a horse. The horse suddenly broke out into a full sprint. "Watch out!" Eugene yelled and they both barely missed getting hit by the horse. "And there's the action, right on cue." Eugene said as they both mounted their horses. I watched as they chased after the horse. "I should help them, but I don't have a horse. Oh well, they can handle this...probably." I sighed to myself as I grabbed my wand from my boot and waved it over my head. Blue surrounded me and I was at the edge of the town.

Stan the Guard blew his whistle loudly. I looked down and saw ducks crossing and smiled at them. Suddenly, I saw the same horse and cart approaching fast from the corner of my eye. "This ends now!" Rapunzel yelled as she pulled the reigns on the horse making her turn around sending Eugene flying through the air. He landed right between a black and white horse and I. "Nice save, but she's really gotta work on that landing." Eugene wheezed out and I laughed. "Oh, hello, son." I looked up and saw King Edmund from the Dark Kingdom. "Edmund?" Eugene and I asked together as we stared up at him. A familiar figure walked from behind the horse with a smile. "Hello, milady." I smiled at Varian who was holding Sunny in his arms. "Hey, Sapphires! What are you doing with Edmund?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "We crossed paths on my journey over here. He said he would bring me to the city." Edmund said and he nodded. "I see you got my letter." I said looking down at Sunny in his arms.