F O R T Y O N E

♡♡♡

"Tee wake up." She hears someone whisper as she groans, cuddling further into her bedsheets.

"I'll unleash the beasts if you don't." She hears them speak again, the girl shaking her head as someone opens her bedroom door and she's immediately woken up by her niece and both her nephews jumping on the bed. Her and Lando both sat up at the same time, rubbing their eyes tiredly. Maddie was scooped into Teena's arms seconds later, the two of them sharing a long and overdue cuddle before she disappeared with her brothers.

"Happy Birthday dude, Mum's got something for you downstairs so get up." Mateo grins at her before he leaves as well.

"Happy Birthday love." Lando looks at her, watching her smile.

"I'm 21 today." She beams, tucking her messy hair behind her ears before she stretched the tiredness out of her body.

"Valentina hurry up before Mum opens this present for you!" Leo shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

"Give me 5 minutes!" She calls back. She slips out of bed and pulls one of Lando's oversized shirts over her head, brushing through her hair before she and Lando left her bedroom and made their way downstairs.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone cheered when she walked into the living room. It was decorated all over the place, a giant 2 and 1 balloon placed next to each other behind the sofa, garlands of light pink, blue and green handing from the ceiling. She grinned as they all made their way into the dining room that was decorated the same way, her birthday cake sitting in the middle of the table along with a large array of breakfast foods for them to enjoy during the morning.

"This is gorgeous, thank you guys." Teena beams as Lando stands behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as they all grinned.

"Can we eat now? I'm positively starving." Maddie complains, making everyone laugh.

"And they say like mother like daughter, but I think it's more like Auntie like Niece." Leo grins as everyone sits at the table to enjoy breakfast. 

Teena and her family were all conversating in French, something she enjoyed doing whenever she came home but she stopped when she noticed Lando having a hard time figuring out what everyone was saying.

"You okay?" Teena asks her boyfriend quietly.

"Je ne... comprends pas ce que... vous dites..." Lando looks at her, pausing to think about his words for a second.

"Arrêtons de parler français, Lando ne peut pas nous comprendre." Teena calls to her family, watching all of them nod before everyone started to speak English again.

"Thank you." Lando smiles at her.

"Looks like Nana needs to give you some French lessons, Lando." Adalene speaks, watching Lando go wide-eyed.

"Or you know, get his fiance to do it too." Mateo speaks.

"He's English native, speaks a little Flemish Dutch. He doesn't have to speak French if he doesn't want too, it's his choice." Teena informs them both, watching both of them nod awkwardly after getting told off by her.