Chapter 4

Trinity
The next morning at home

I'd just gotten in from Amir's house and I couldn't wait to shower and enjoy my off day. I'd gotten in the shower with the door wide open and undressed, due to my privacy while Chasity was at work. I let the water help me relax while I washed my hair and let it get wet under the water while I added my Curls Unleashed conditioner. After that, I pinned my hair up and washed up in my Mango Temptation body wash from Victoria's Secret. There soaps were my addiction. After washing up three times, I got out and decided that I'd chill inside today. I lathered up in my Mango Temptation lotion and applied the matching perfume. I put on my periwinkle crop top hoodie with the matching sweat shorts from Sorella with my black fluffy socks. I let my almost dry curls fall a little past my bra strap and I tossed the front to the side.

I grabbed my favorite blanky that I'd gotten from the Marriott in Vegas and got comfortable. As soon as I turned on my tv my phone began blaring its call ringtone from beside me.

"Hello," I answered with a roll of my eyes.

"Heffa don't catch no attitude. I could picture you rolling them eyes. Come open the door, I need you to do my hair." With that being said , she hung up.

I looked at my phone and eyeballed my room door that I didn't want to go out out of and just got out of bed. Yesenia would be the death of me today.

Yesenia was my neighbor Drew's baby's mother. She was older than me by four years making her twenty three , but we vibed good. She was as close to a friend that I had. She didn't live across the street with drew who still lived with his mother, but she made it her habit that after dropping her son off at school she'd be with drew. He'd openly cheated on her a few times and every time she vented to me and I'd help her get through it. She loved Drew's dirty drawers , and he loved her too. He just happened to be a guy with a penis.

I looked at my phone as I opened the door for her seeing it was ten am.

"You have no respect, bitch." I said as I opened the door and walked into the living room plopping on the black cube shaped sectional.

"Shut up. You were up anyways!" she said while sitting across from me with her feet resting under her.

"What you want?"

"Go get your wand and I'm gone tell you," she said looking at her phone.

I got up and went into the main bathroom in the middle of the hallway and grabbed my black wand from under the sink with a comb and hair ties. "This better be good." I yelled out while grabbing a chair from my kitchen and bringing it to sit not too far from the wall mounted tv.

"Oh it is... Get to curling" she said ignoring me while scrolling on Instagram.

I began the process of curling her hair once the wand was hot enough. Hair was something that I loved to do in my spare time. I'd been doing hair since forever, but I never never took it seriously career wise. My older cousin Lovey had even offered me a booth at her salon, "Lovey Will Make You Love It," once I got my cosmetology license.

As I had almost half her hair finished, my curiosity suddenly peeked. "So what you have to tell me?" I said curling Senia's ombré hair.

"I heard that somebody want you," she giggled.

I paused for a second trying to get a clue as to who Senia could be talking about. "Who?"

"You know who, tryna play dumb."

"Who you talking about? It's starting to kill me, seriously." I asked putting the wand down.

"Manny, fool." Senia let out.

I gave a puzzled expression as if Senia could see. I tried thinking to see if the name rang a bell, but she had no clue. "Who in the hell is Manny ?"

"Everybody know Manny. Even though he only come around from time to time , he real cool with a lot going for himself. He be in and outta state sometimes going to Oregon. He don't fool with the drugs and shit. I Shoulda got him for myself," Senia rambled.

"Thanks for the profile description. But what does any of that have to do with me and how does he know me?" I asked confused.

"He saw you yesterday and he must've talked to Drew because Drew told me to get him your number," she explained.

Then it hit me. The mystery guy with the football. As if on cue, I started blushing and got giddy but I couldn't let big mouth know cause she'd tell, so I kept quiet. "Hmmm so what did he say about a real one?" I asked in a cool voice.

"He said that you look like a winner and he needs you on his team , and quick. Those were his words exactly." She said scrolling on Instagram again. "Oh and that yo ass is sitting right , but he could have it just right with his game."

Just as quickly as he had my attention, I was now completely turned off. Who talks like that before they can get the chance to know you . His intentions seemed ill and those basic lines don't hook me. "Welp, that's cool." I said wanding her last piece of hair and then lightly spraying spritz over her head . "All done," I said sitting the wand down to cool and putting away my supplies. I had quickly decided that I was going to the nail shop when Senia left so I put on my black old skool platform vans and fluffed my curls a little.

"Where you going?" Senia asked as I plopped down across from her.

"To the nail shop," I said eyeing my nails.

"I'm going to. You ready now?" She asked putting on her sandals.

"Yeah, let me get my purse." I went to my room and gathered my shoulder bag from yesterday along with my charger and wallet. I made sure my MAC Ultimate Dish lipglass was fresh and met Senia at the door.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah let's go. We can take my car ," I said while I locked up the house.

When I turned around, Manny was standing against Drew's fence eyeing me. I shook my head and walked to my car that I parked on the street last night. When I put my hand on the door, Manny decided to approach.

"Excuse me, gorgeous," his raspy voice caught me first and I fought to keep my blank face, even though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah?" I asked without turning around.

"Can I have your name?" He asked

"Trinity, you?" I asked playing nice.

"I'm almost sure you know already," that turned me off, just that quick.

I turned to face him revealing my scowl. "Nah , and I'd rather not know. I just thought I should be polite and ask. I got somewhere to be," I said flipping my hair and opening my door getting in to join Senia.

Before I could swing my left leg into the car, Manny was standing in front of me and too close, brushing my leg with his fingertips. "You gotta smart mouth, you know that? You real quick with ya words," he said in that raspy tone as he bit his bottom lip.

"Okaaaay . . ? " I said as If I was unfazed.

"One thing about a fast talker, is the lies they spit quicker."

"I could say the same thing, just by the lines you spitting out," I said mocking him just a little. "So what you need?" I asked with a hint of impatience.

"Humph," he smirked. "You right, and I won't hold you. Enjoy your day beautiful, & I'll let you know what I need soon enough" he said in that voice as he tapped my thigh and closed my door for me.

As I was about to pull off , I looked over and caught eyes with him as he winked. That moment I realized that despite his mouth , and his cocky ego... I was attracted to him something serious.

Manny in M/M