Chapter 38: Red Coats and The Cullens (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I look back at my parents who finally took notice to me, mom smiled and waved her hand over for me to join them. I walked behind the counter and stepped toward mother. Her arms already open. I wrapped my arms around her, her arms wrapped as well. Dads arm them wrapped around both of us. I was happy again, I completely forgot why I was so upset.

"Morning, sleepyhead."  I heard Stefan's voice say, he stood at the stove cooking eggs and some other exaggerated food.

"Good morning, chipmunk lover." I replied, only to get a confused look from stefan. His brows were furrowed, it was a thing he did.

I glanced at dad who had a smirk on his face. I met Stefan's eyes once again. "My father told me the  famous stories already." I explained to my very confused uncle.

He nods before looking over at dad. "I see," he pauses before crossing his arms. His eyes still focused on dad. "and did he tell you the story about how he-" Dad swiftly moved. It was all just a blur. He was beside uncle Stefan in a second, his hand covering his mouth before he could get another word out.

"That's enough. We don't need you telling my daughter some useless lie to compete with embarrassing things about you." Dad says as he smiled as Stefan.

"It's okay, Uncle Stef." I look at him and dad. "You could just tell me after this battle."

The room went quiet all of a sudden. All eyes on us now. The smiles that were plastered on each persons face was gone now.

The battle. I only just reminded myself of why I was so upset. It seems I wasn't the only one who forgot, who was so focused on the happy energy in the room. We were all tense once again.

Dad clears his throat, struggling as if he had something stuck like he was scared, "Ivy, you should eat." He says.

"I can't." I say as I held my stomach. Not once did it growl. It just felt like it was all in a knot.

Moms hands brushed threw my hair, removing it from my face. "Just try to eat something small and drink something if you can. It might make you feel better."

"Okay..." My voice came out almost as a whisper. I grabbed some fruit and poured some orange juice. I sat at an empty seat by Hope and lizzie. I took very small bites of whatever my stomach would allow me to eat.

The silence in the room started to disappear as one another would began their conversation up again. At first it was only small chattering, and soon enough the laughs and smiles were back.

"Well, well... if it isn't my favorite cousin." Lizzie says. I look up at her. Furrowing my brows.

"uh," I began. "technically, Lizzie, Im your only cousin."

She opens her mouth to say something but stops herself as she went deep into her thoughts. She turns to Josie who was eating a pancake. "Jo." She asked.

"hm." Josie looks at her, her mouth stuffed with food.

"Do we have any other cousins?" She asked her.

Josie shrugged her shoulders before finish chewing her food.

"One moment, Salvatore." Lizzie said before jumping up from her seat to bug Alaric and Caroline. I heard her from across the room throwing all sorts of questions at them. Of course they did try their best to answer them.

I mean, they never once mention a cousin. Caroline being the only child, and Alaric secretive of his family.

I continued to watch as a frustrated Caroline tried her best to explain. A crease in her forehead, while Alaric pinched the bridge of his nose.