Chapter 4: Welcome to the Family

hi, i just want to say thank u to everyone who's reading. i love to see all your comments it makes my day 10x better. Also, sorry for the lag. I swear i'm writing, i just want it to be perfect for you all, and satisfy everyone! thanks again and enjoy !!
——————
Caroline dragged us through every store. She made sure we had everything. Clothes, toys, a lifetime supply of diapers, bottles, formula, bedding, and everything you need for a baby. She had the guys paint one of the empty rooms, she also had them pull out furniture from the attic. Like a crib, and rocking chair, and a dresser which was from the twins.

Ivy was sleeping in her new stroller. She must be tired of the shopping, which had been going on for hours. The twins kept complaining their feet hurt.
At the last store, Caroline compelled the worker to give us a discount for buying most of their products.

"Can we eat now?" Bonnie asked for the millionth time.

"yeah, we're hungry mom." josie whines. 

"yes" Caroline replies as she puts the last of the items in the back of the car.

We walked over to the Mystic Grill and sat at an empty booth.

"I'm excited to set everything up when we get home." Caroline says with excitement.

"I thought this was all for Ivy, not you Care." Bonnie tells her.

"I'm excited for the baby, of course. Like i would fit in a crib." She rolls her eyes.

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------

As soon as we got home Caroline went straight to Ivys new room, setting everything up. Damon sat with Ivy on the couch and played with her.

Care ran down the stairs and stood in front of Damon and I. "We have to have the new parent talk."

"uh- oh. I think blondies gonna give us a whole lecture about how to take care of a new baby." Damon says raising Ivy's arms in the air and started moving them "everybody run for your lives, arrrhhh!"

"Damon! I'm being serious." Caroline tells him with a serious tone. "you're both parents now, and you have to know what your doing."

Damon looks at me then back to Caroline, "I think we know how to take care of a baby. Feed it, change it every now and then, and call it a day."

"Seriously?! She's definitely not an 'it'. I mean maybe you are- but you're missing the point parenting is not that simple." she crosses her arms.

"Really? I didn't know that." Damon acts like he's shocked.

"What is it that you wanted to tell us?" I asked care. Damon went back to playing with Ivy, and Care rolled her eyes at him.

"I want you guys to be prepared, and be the best parents for Ivy." She sits in a chair. "So i'm going to do everything I can to help you. I'll be like a guardian angel or something like that."

Damon quickly looked up, his eyebrows knitted. "This isn't a throuple relationship, blondie. I married her only, and you married my dingus brother."

"I heard that!" Stefan yelled from another room.

"It was meant to be heard!" Damon said yelled back. "Anyways, no."

"no what, damon?" Care asked arms still crossed. "And what the hell is a throuple relationship?"

"well you see, blonde, a throuple relationship is a relationship that consists of 3 people. And that is exactly what we are not." he raises a brow.

"Please, I would never stoop so low to even be in a relationship with you- at least like that. No offense Elena."

"None taken." I tell her. The two stood up arguing. At this point we were getting nowhere. Caroline and Damon kept going on about whatever it was.