𝟭𝟳 - 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁

Depuis le début

Fanny didn't know if she liked this idea. "How do you know if they are willing to fight our war?" she asked.

"Our war?" Silvanna interjected, her brows furrowed. "This war is Alice against all of us. If she ever rules this land, everyone will die. Every humans, every elves, every leonins. She will take over the entire continent and she will take every single life so that only her life matters. The Land of Dawn will be lifeless, and that is not the kind of future I'd like to see. Not when I'm still alive and ruling."

"But I believe our strength are enough," Fanny argued back, though she probably sounded stupid. "The strength of the Imperial Knights, your men, are enough. They're all led by—" she suddenly paused, knowing she was about to speak her brother's name. She looked down in disappointment. Her anger may remain for now, but she had to admit that Tigreal would never let anyone down when it came to fighting battles. She was sure the princess knew it, too.

"You trust him, I understand that," Silvanna said, "but those demons Alice creates can tear a human body in seconds, and who knows how much stronger they can get. The attack on Azure Lake explained it all. Princess Odette wouldn't want you to underestimate Alice's powers, and so wouldn't I."

Fanny swallowed a lump in her throat. Thoughts of failure filled her mind as she kept expecting more possibilities of the final outcome. If this was the only way they could think of to defeat Alice, then she would be more than happy to assist the princess, along with the other chevaliers. As far as she knew, the eastern region was less of an unwelcome land, but she hoped for something better as soon as they make their landing.

"It's worth a shot," she finally said, "but if we get rejection, what then? Alice's tribe will spread to the other lands. If we fall, who would give them the warning?"

Silvanna went silent for a while. "Either we win, or we all die," she said. "There is no middle ground."

***

Alucard's POV.

The night was cold, and who knew what was lurking within the dark. Alucard, Miya, Harith, and Nana were standing in the center of the temple, prepared for more demons to come.

"They failed their first attempt at capturing us, would they try again?" Harith asked, his arms shivering from the cold.

"Alice would do anything to destroy the elven realm," Miya warned. "Anything."

"Then we'd do anything to defeat her for good," Alucard embraced, expecting a smile to appear on her face. But she didn't.

She shook her head. "We'd do anything to run away," she said. "There is absolutely no chance for us to win against those... those..."

"Stupid beings," Nana scoffed, though she still showed fear. "If only Alice knew how annoying my Molina can be." This did put a smile on Miya's face. After all that had happened, her smile was the only thing that made Alucard happy.

"What now?" Harith asked, clapping Alucard back to his realization. He was staring at Miya for way too long. He had to make a decision.

"We have to get out of here before those demons return," he said, though even he wasn't so sure of it. How could he be sure? Who knew where Alice was planning her next ambush again, and who she would take as her prisoner, or worse, transform a human into a demon.