" B-but a ghoul could make it through, right?" ( Y/n ) stuttered. As soon as she asked that, clutching her chest, looking rather upset and disturbed, the former assistant of Akihiro Kanou, turned her full attention to the others.

" Ghoul or not, if you exceed the tolerable amount, I think there's a risk of it affecting your Rc cells."

" Please, let me go, then," Kaneki said, which caused ( Y/n ) to widen her eyes and scoff in incredulity.

" You... you just woke up and now you want to go? Kaneki, it's not safe-"

" I have a resistance to the toxin, right?" he ignored the ( h/c )-haired female.

" It's true, Mr. Kaneki, your Rc levels were virtually unchanged. Still..." she looked down sadly and the female ( l/n ) did too, not until they heard bombs exploding and a group of people marching to where they were. Everyone looked out the window and tried their best to examine what was going on.

" An attack?" Touka furrowed her eyebrows.

" There are so many of them!" Shuu gasped.

" They're here to put us down for good," ( b/n ) shook his head angrily and began to walk around in circles.

" There's no more time," Kaneki frowned " I'll head to the core, so, Miss Kimi, I'll need your support. The rest of you stay here and assist CCG."

" Kaneki, are you mad? I can't bring myself to let you do something that could kill you!" ( Y/n ) gently let go of his hand and gritted her teeth.

" I'm going too."

An indigo-haired male opened the door to the room they were in, and his attendance made ( Y/n ) expand her eyes in shock.

" Ayato...?" she furrowed her eyebrows before she scowled at him, " Where the hell have you been?"

" I was checking that monster out underground," he explained and crossed his arms, " I will go with Kaneki."

" It's still not enough-"

" Do you not trust us, ( Y/n )?"

( Y/n ) caught a breath and swallowed it. Those were not the words she'd expected to hear. She instantly wished she could take her own words back but it was too late.

" That's not..." she clenched her fists and decided not to speak anymore. Even if she did try to talk, the only thing that would come out of her mouth was nonsense.

" Then trust us," he told her and headed towards the door.

Kaneki, who felt guilty for not speaking up, wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. ( Y/n ) didn't react, nor did she flinch one bit.

" I promise I'll come back to you once everything is over ( Y/n ) so please... don't worry."

He slowly let go of her, giving her a gentle smile. Though it might look like Kaneki was glad and calm about it, he felt unhappy inside. He then moved back and started to walk away from them.

" Kaneki," she whispered his name and suddenly turned to face him, intertwining her fingers with his, " Will you really come back?"

" ... I will," he chuckled and squeezed her hand for the last time, " We're off now."

The ( l/n ) nodded her head and let go of him.
( Y/n ) watched him go, her heart sinking but she still forced a smile, even though his absence will affect her the most.