~19~

Chapter 19: Ever

Chapter Song: She by Harry Styles

"Lives for the memory. A woman who just in his head and she sleeps in his bed while he plays pretend."

~

Isabella ran next to Scott and Ethan in a panic as Melissa McCall and another nurse wheeled Danny into what looked like an overcrowded ER, patients filled every space except for the one Danny was hurriedly getting wheeled into.

Melissa looked around at the teens and sighed heavily aiming her attention at the two boys running beside Isabella, " Can you two please go back to the waiting room?"

Scott furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at his mother, " How come she gets to stay?"

Melissa rolled her eyes at her son's stupidity, even she knew it would be better to not try and throw the girl out of the room. She silently shook her head before looking directly at Scott and giving him a look that said, "are you kidding me right now?"

" I may not have much experience with the Empath or what she does, but from what I do know I would never try to rip her away from someone she cared about. I can tell that he's important just by the way she's gripping his hand right now."

Isabella hadn't even noticed she had been holding Danny's hand during the whole gurney ride into the ER until she looked down and saw that Melissa had been right, her grip unfaltering and secure around his own hand that was squeezing her own for dear life.

Scott moved closer to his girlfriend and put his hand on her back supportively, rubbing it slowly, " Well if she's not leaving neither am I."

Melissa wanted to protest but she knew she really couldn't do anything about it. When it came to Isabella her son was hard to convince or even control. She was his everything and even though she loved the girl and it warmed her heart to see the love her son could give to her, she found it difficult to be a mom when he son never seemed to want to listen to her.

Instead of arguing further, Melissa went straight back to examining Danny, letting all three of the teens stay in the room despite her better judgement. She hadn't even tried to convince Ethan, it wasn't worth it. She didn't know him but by the way he was looking down at Danny she knew he wouldn't listen. It was like Scott with Isabella.

" Where are the doctors and nurses?" Ethan asked in a curious panic as he looked around the room they were in cautiously, there was an overload of patients but no other doctors except for Melissa McCall, " Where is everyone?"

"It's a full house tonight. They're tending to other patients." Melissa said sadly as she slipped a pair of white gloves onto her hands and spoke to the group of teens, being careful not to upset the young empath to her right.