[20 - revelation; not so secret truths]

Start from the beginning

Sore shifted his gaze over. "Lies."

"Don't be so quick to assume, little prince."

"....."

Raphael was rather patient, not minding Soren's random silence or few words. "I've been going around for a while dealing with your brothers' matters, so I'm taking a minor break. Since you're going too, I thought I might as well hitch a ride."

"...bothersome."

"I don't really want to hear that from you."

"....."

Well, he had a point there. Damien, who was listening through the window with his sharp hearing, glanced back.

There were times his master would stump the other terribly, and other times when that man would deal with his master beautifully. Although together, it often made Soren look more like his age, while Raphael carried maturity beyond his years. 

They both seemed a little more relaxed, however.

Then Raphael spoke again. "You're not really going on a vacation, are you?"

"I am." said Soren coldly, leaving no room for argument.

Raphael raised his brows and shifted in his position. "Then tell me, why this location?"

"To see the landmarks."

"Was the character of the fifth prince ever interested in looking at landmarks?"

Soren paused. 

He didn't doubt that others could realize something was strange about his personality, but nobody could point it out, for no obvious answer could be given. His brothers had ignored him and had no right to point anything out, while Damien cared little as long as it was of interest.

Of course, the protagonist was far too suspicious of him to sit still. He was a smiling wolf, hiding the centuries of despair behind the casual grin.

[Raphael showed mercy to everyone, the type of hero that would try to save every person instead of the world.

But he was also merciless to those he couldn't trust, and to his enemies.]

'This paranoid hero...'

"It's a new hobby." replied Soren simply, with no hesitation.

Raphael stared at him, then a smile spread across his lips. "Who's the real liar, I wonder?"

"...if not, then tell me why else?"

"How could I know that? I'm not omnipotent."

"So, shut up."

"....." Raphael's smile cracked a little. "I keep forgetting what kind of character you are."

"Then remember." said Soren coldly with an icy look.

"I'm just trying to make some small talk, alright? Let's be friends, little prince."

"No."

The reply came instantly, with no hesitation.

"....."

Suddenly, Soren said, "If you want to fight, I'll fight you."

"...what?"

What Raphael could not comprehend at this moment was how a conversation about friendship could suddenly move into fighting. The fight they had was thrilling, addicting even, he admitted that much.

But right now, was he not genuinely trying to be kind to this troublesome prince?

He had figured encounters with this person seemed extremely common, and in order to keep a close eye on him, a friendship would be the simplest choice.