"In Hell?" He nodded. "You're not going, right?" Her groggy voice rose in pitch, her relaxed posture straightening as she observed him, noting the socks on his feet and the loose sweats he still had on.

"Not when someone ratted me out," He quirked, gazing down at her, his dark, gold-adorned eyes matched with a smirk was different, an emotion more positive than the indifference he normally showed.

"You know I had to," She felt small, his gaze for once was intimidating but not because of fear, she wasn't nervous because he was the exact opposite of her - a demon -, but instead her nerves bloomed in the beating organ that was protected by many layers to keep her from this feeling. It was beating in a fast jitter, the symbol for adoration and affection was singing-shouting in a bundle of nervous excitement.

"I know, I'm not angry if that's what you're thinking," He spoke, watching the women in front of him swallow and glance away from him. Why did the atmosphere change so quickly? Why did it seem that even the smallest blow of wind would make her fall?

Not being able to detect her emotion, her movements were cloudy, and he didn't at this point could understand what she was feeling. He didn't understand how the room could shift so fast.

"Are you worried?" He was shooting in the dark, hoping to hit a bullseye.

Her eyes returned to him, her natural pout more noticeable than before, the Tv's glow barely shining past him, but it was enough to illuminate out her features.

"I think I am always worried," She sighed, the time she had to spend alone as he recovered brought those pesky voices back and she barely made it to her bag in time, she had to crawl to it in desperation before she would collapse. But once the voices dispersed, and her mind became less foggy, reality slapped her back in the face and it left a mark.

"Aren't you worried... for your mom?" Her volume matched the one that played on the Tv, she knew this was a wall that she was about to break or at least attempt to, but was it even her business to try and break it?

His slightly more-positive-than-normal expression dimmed, a hit to his exterior defense, but he didn't want to back away and build again.

"I'm worried, of course I am," The confident and cold demon was no more, the layer had fallen off, leaving a defenseless son to remain. "If they get caught or this all fails she could be put at an even greater risk... but then again she already is since I'm her son."

She saw it, the caring side of him that hid in the shadows and she felt her body warm even as he was
too far away. He was taught that vulnerability was a weakness, that emotion was used to destroy someone, but even as the pieces of his conditioned exterior screamed for him to close himself off. His body itched to get closer and let her in, from the very beginning she never used what she saw against him, exposing a half-blood would let her be recognized by the Heaven Council but never once did she back out on her word.

Maybe that's why his walls so easily crumbled for her. He trusts her.

Idalia didn't feel obligated, but her words slipped out of her mouth, promising something that she couldn't be sure she could do. "Whatever happens tonight, I'll make sure you get to see her again."

It was a promise that would be hard to keep, but she wanted to make it happen. Whether she had to move the world with her hands or pick a star out of the sky she was going to make it happen.

The distance between the two had decreased and at some point, she was now standing, the two so close that their breaths were heard in the small space between them and their vulnerable eyes were glued onto each other.

Her heart was on fire and it was beating at a pace she never felt, but even though her body was reacting as it had just been in a marathon, she was actually at peace. No constrictions in the small space between them.

heyyyyy how we feeling after that ^

what happens next might shock you so be prepared, another plot twist is coming.

also don't you love idalia, i really like how she's the protector in their dynamic

anyways hoped you enjoy , see you next time .