Sick/Work

RAY P.O.V.
        I woke up all sweaty from having the same nightmare I've been having for almost a month now. Only this time as a shot up I felt nauseous and had to run to the bathroom. Michelle came running in not long after I finished depositing what was in my stomach.

        "Ray-Ray, are you OK? I heard you scream and now you are throwing up. What's wrong sissy?" She asked me with tears on her face while sitting close to me on the bathroom floor.
        "Yeah Sunshine I'm fine. I was just feeling sick for a minute." I told her as calmly as I could.
        "Then why did you scream?"
        "Because I had a bad dream, but I feel better now OK?"
        "OK. I was worried you were hurt." She said as she put her arms around my neck, I loved when she hugged me tightly.
        "Hey baby, how about we get you dressed and then I'll get you some breakfast since we are up early, OK?"
        She nodded her head and got up but waited for me to get up too, she grabbed my hand and walked with me to her room. I got her dressed, and then we went down the hall to the kitchen and I made some cinnamon rolls. As they were cooking I went to my room and put on some jeans and a plaid shirt for work,  As I was getting dressed Michelle was playing in the living room with her toys in the living room. When I got back to the kitchen, the cinnamon rolls were just about done when there was a knock on the door. I went to answer it to see Seth and Paul standing there.
        "Why are y'all here? I am getting ready to leave." I told them.
        "We know. I am here to take Shelley to moms and Paul, here, is going to drive you to work."
        "Why? Did something happen to your mom? I thought she was going to take me?" I said to Seth. I have not looked at Paul, feeling a little awkward since the last time I saw him, last week, he just stared at me then left.
        "She was going to but I told her I would do it, then as I was leaving I saw Paul getting out of car to come to my house and when I told him what I was doing he thought it would be better for him to take you since he has to get something for the store anyways. So it would save us gas. Sounded good to me, is that fine with you?" Seth explained.
        "Umm... you don't need anything from the store, Seth? I could pay you gas money." I said hopefully that I wouldn't have to be in the car alone with Paul, partially from what happened last week and also that I am still afraid to be anywhere alone with a man quite yet, if ever. Not that they were all like Henry but I still felt wary around them when I am alone.
        "No I don't, sorry, Paul is a very safe driver and you can trust him." Seth told me, I glanced at Paul to see he looked like he was starting to get a little mad. I started to get scared and took a step back without even realizing it. When he saw step back he realized I was scared or something and he started to relax as he looked into my eyes.
        "Uhh I guess it's alri-" I started but stopped as I started to smell something burning, and ran to the kitchen to pull out the burnt cinnamon rolls. This is just not going to be a good day at all. Well I smelt the burned food, I ran to the sink and threw up again.

PAUL P.O.V.
        Seth and I pulled into Ray's driveway, he got out of his moms car while I got out of my truck and we walked up to her door and knocked. I was anxious to see her beautiful face, but when the door open I was shocked. Her face was pale like she was sick or something.
        "Why are y'all here? I am getting ready to leave." I heard her sweet but tired voice say. I heard Seth explain to her what going on, as to why we were here instead of Sue. And the he asked her if it was alright that I take her to work.
        "Umm... don't you need anything from the store, Seth? I could pay you gas money." I heard he ask him. I started to get a little mad that she didn't want me to take her.
        "No I don't, sorry, Paul is a very safe driver and you can trust him."  I was happy the kid was trying to help me out here, but I was still upset that my imprint didn't want to be in the same car as me. She looked at me and then took a step back and I realized that she was scared, and I think it was because of me. I knew I needed to calm down so I looked into her eyes and felt myself begin to relax.
        "Uhh I guess it's alri-" She cut her self off when she realized something was burning. She ran into the kitchen with me, Seth, and Shelley following her. She pulled a pan out of the oven and whatever it was, was burnt. She grew paled, ran to the sink and threw up, so I was right she was sick, she started crying and I saw Shelley run up to her and hug her.
        "Ray-Ray,  it OK. I wasn't that hungry anyways." She told her. "I thought you said you felt better now. Why did you throw'd up again?"
        "No it's not OK, I can't get anything right. I just keep messing up everything." Ray whispered to herself, not thinking we could hear her. "And I am better Sunshine, I promise I'm O.K."
        "Hey it's OK," Seth said, "As I was leaving leaving home mom was cooking a big breakfast and I am pretty sure that Paul can pick you up something on the way to work."
        "Of course I can." I said smiling at her.
        "I'm OK, the breakfast was for Shelley not really me." She tried to tell us, but I could tell she was lying.
        "Well mom is probably wondering what is taking so long and you have to be at work soon, so lets get going, OK?" Seth said while grabbing the car-seat and taking it outside his moms car.
        After we had Michelle into her car-seat with her diaper bag, Rayleigh and I got into my truck and drove to diner that she was working at.
        "Are you sure you feel O.K.? If you're sick you should be in bed resting, not going to work." I told her as we pulled into the parking lot.
        "I'm fine and I have to go to work, no matter what I feel like, I have to." She said before she got out of the truck and ran inside.
Why is she trying to push herself so hard. I need to show her that she can trust me and the rest of the pack to help her in any way she needs. She shouldn't push herself so hard that she gets sick.