T H I R T Y N I N E

Start from the beginning

"That must suck for you." Teena frowns.

"Oh don't worry about it, she gets everything wrong and is like this close to being sacked." Ella held her fingers close together, watching a smile appear on the Monegasque's face.

"Why'd she give me a dirty look?" Teena asks curiously, moving some hair out of her face.

"She's like... majorly in love with Lando. I go to University with her, she cried when she found out you guys were engaged, and not with happiness." Ella replies, watching Teena nod slowly.

"Don't worry, I see how Lando looks at you and I strongly believe he'd never bat an eyelash at anyone else." Ella grins.

Teena stayed quiet. It's what happened with Lewis all over again. The pretty blonde intern who stole his attention from her and ended up shagging him in plain sight for her to see. Surely it wouldn't happen again, would it? Not with Lando, he was too sweet for that, but then again she hardly joined him to races nowadays.

"Hey, Lando's been looking for you everywhere." Charlotte interrupts her thoughts.

"He's not been in here." Teena furrows her eyebrows.

"He messaged you like 10 times, is your phone off?" Charlotte responds, watching as Teena pulls her phone out of her back pocket to see the messages she'd not seen.

"I'll go find him. It was lovely to meet you Ella." Teena smiles at the ginger intern before she leaves the hospitality and makes her way to the garage.

"Hm, I was just about to get in the car without my good luck kiss." Lando pouts at her, the girl smiling softly before pressing her lips to his softly.

"Be careful, I'll be here when you're out." She replies, rearranging some of his hair before he pulls his balaclava on. He slips his helmet over his head and makes sure it's on as far as possible before she buckles it for him, the two of them looking at each other before Lando moves to get into his car.

Will hands the brunette a set of headphones for her to wear whilst she was in the garage watching the race, goosebumps raising on her skin as she watched the screen closely. She ran her hands over her arms to warm herself up a little before Charlotte came up behind her and slipped Lando's coat on her shoulder's.

"Thank you." Teena smiles as the two stand together.

Teena moves untucks her hair from the jacket as she slips it on, hugging it around herself as she and Charlotte watch the screens in the garage closely. Ella came to stand with them, the three of them watching as the red lights disappeared and racing had started.

Everyone had gone completely silent when they saw one of the cars hit the barriers, a massive ball of fire erupting around the split in half car as they all watched with heartbreak to see who it was. 

"Oh my god tell me it wasn't Lando or Carlos." Teena speaks quietly to herself, crossing her fingers in the sleeves of Lando's jacket as moved outside to see the bigger picture of what was happening.

"Are they okay? I see a fire, is everyone alright?" She hears Lando's voice over the radio, just after Carlos', through her headphones making her sigh with relief.

"Who was it?" Ella asks.

"We think it was the Haas of Romain Grosjean." Will replies, watching them all nod before they stand in silence.