Chapter 2: This Was the Only Thing I Could Think of For Nostalgia

Start from the beginning

Reggie looks over his shoulder and points, "Well this guy definitely thinks you girls have gone off the deep end."

Our custodian walks between Luke and Reggie, then looked at us with concerned eyes. "Hey Jules, we should probably get back to class."

"Agreed. See you guys after school?"

"Yep!"

"Uh huh."

"Sure thing."

Julie and I walked to our next period. The day seemed like it was going on forever. The dismissal bell finally rung and I walked to my locker to put some textbooks away that I wouldn't need for the weekend. I felt an arm around my waist and heard the same husky voice again, "You ready for our date?" Jacob asked.

"Where are we going babe?"

"It's a surprise! Come on," he closed my locker and took my hand to lead me out the school. We walked in the parking lot to his car. He opened the passenger door for me, "M'lady," I giggled and got in the car. He walked over to the drivers side and handed me the aux cord.

"It must be a special day, because you never want to listen to my music," I chuckled.

I took the aux cord from him and played Windows Down by Big Time Rush.

"You know, this is why I don't give you the aux cord, because you always play a boyband," he said this sarcastically, but deep down I'm sure he liked Big Time Rush.

"Oh yeah? All of your music comes straight out of the 80s so I don't want to hear it!"

"You like 80s music..."

"I never said I didn't, however that's your entire playlist."

We were stopped at a traffic light and he put his hands up in defense, "Fine fine. You win."

I smile and start singing my heart out to another BTR song, Elevate.

We pull into a parking lot, it was a bike rental building, with a noodle shop next door.

"What are we doing here?"

Jacob turns the car off, "Little bike ride on the beach, let's get to it."

We walk into the store and a little gust of cool air hits me. It was very modernized. Jake went to the counter to rent the bikes and I looked around at all of the different colors they had. "You ready, Princess? They're getting the bikes outside right now."

"Let's do this thing!"

We get on our bikes and start pedaling down the sidewalk next to the beach. We talk and laugh a lot. I glance over at the sun that's now setting. Jake looks back at me and says we'll be stopping in a second and to slow down. I didn't realize where we were until the small playground made it's way into my vision. Jacob stopped his bike and I did the same. There was a picnic blanket and a basket right under the slide, where we had met.

I had been chased by a bunch of boys a year older than me (Jake's age) and I had went under the slide to hide from them. That's when Jake came over to me. He took my hand and lead me over to his friends, making them apologize. I was 9, he was 10. Ever since then my parents had loved him. He asked me to our back to school dance last year, so in a couple days, it'll be our one-year.

"It's beautiful, Jake."

"Not nearly as beautiful as you."

I could feel the heat on my cheeks, "Can you believe it's been seven years since we met?"

"Has it really been that long?"

"Yeah it has," I sat down on the blanket and he sat next to the basket.

"You hungry?" he asked, opening the basket.

"Always."

He pulled out a variety of snacks from when we were little. Chocolate-cover strawberries he'd made for me when he was 13, because I didn't have a valentine. Grilled cheese sandwich I had made for him when he was 15 and sick. Goldfish from when I was 10 and he surprised me with a large carton. And two pieces of chocolate cake, like the one we made our first Valentine's Day together as a couple. He finally pulled out two thermoses. Every year, on the day after Christmas, Jake and I would come to this playground and drink hot chocolate on the near-by bench.

He handed me a thermos. "Jake, it's the middle of August."

"So? We need drinks and this was the only thing I could think of for nostalgia."

"It's perfect," I say quickly pecking his lips. "I can't believe you remembered all of this stuff."

"To be honest, neither can I," he chuckled.

We sat for a couple hours, talking and snacking. It was so dark that the street lights were coming on. "Come on," he held his hand out for me, much like he did when we were kids. "I promised your dad I'd have you home by 9."

I took his hand. We cleaned up everything and decided to just walk the bikes back. I was so happy that I had a boyfriend like Jake. He considered my feelings and he remembered things. We walked back to the small store and the employees took the bikes back. We got in the car, not bothering putting on music, for we were sharing stories from our childhood.

"Do you remember when I fell off my skateboard and my knee bled?" He asked.

I started laughing, "Yeah! And I kissed your knee after my mom put a Band-Aid on it."

His car stopped and I looked up, we were at my house. "Do you want to come in?" I asked as he walked me to the front door.

"No, I have some homework I have to do."

"Oh okay, see ya Monday?"

"Yep," he pulled me into a tight hug.

I walked in my house and said hey to my parents, I then went upstairs to call Julie. She told me all about how she made up with Flynn and I told her all about my date.

"I wish I had the fairy-tale romance you do."

"It's pretty perfect Jules, I'm not gonna lie."

"Just be careful okay? I know that you guys have been dating for a year, but if Carrie and Nick break-up-"

"Jules. He isn't like he used to be. He won't leave me behind just to be around her again."

"I don't think he will either, but just promise me you'll be careful?"

"Okay, yeah I promise..."

Julie yawns, "Alright well I'm exhausted and Luke wants me to get up early so we can write songs. You wanna come over for lunch?"

"Absolutely! I'll be there."

"Love you Y/N."

"Love you too Jules."