Ajmer!

"Han's you know how I feel now, alone and isolated just like this desert, my own people have tagged me as a murderer, and I don't think they will accept me as Chittor's queen," Princess Sukanya said with sadness evident in her voice and eyes.

Storm clouds began to gather in the sky, indicating an impending storm. Ajmer was beyond the desert, and Princess Sukanya still had fifty kilometres to travel to reach Ajmer, and the sandstorm was not helping.

"Let's be strong, Hans, through the desert we will make it."

The horse neighed in agreement.

When small particles of sand get into the eyes, they cause irritation, but if they attack in large numbers, they can even lead to the demise of a more powerful adversary. Nonetheless, if the opponent learns to walk with the sand particles, he will not be affected. These particles represent the people of Jhum Nagar, and Sukanya is their mighty adversary. Sukanya failed to understand the necessity to walk alongside the people, she shouldn't let them be the cause of her downfall. Sukanya was not walking to Ajmer for victory; she was walking a path that would lead to her downfall, her loss.

The Princess decided to stop until the sand storm subsided. She covered herself and Hans with a long white dhoti which she always kept when she was going out on a venture. Only if the Princess had decided to do the same after visiting Jhum Nagar, she could have avoided the misfortune coming her way in the future. 

After almost forty-five minutes, the sandstorm ended. Both Sukanya and Hans had not eaten anything since afternoon after leaving Jhum Nagar, and it was late evening now. The princess remembered something a bit too late, but better late than never.

"Kajal," Sukanya said with a hint of worry and frustration in her voice.

In any case, she would have to travel for another four hours if she decided to return to Chittor, but Ajmer only took two hours to reach. In order to find answers to her questions, the Princess decided to continue her journey to Ajmer.

 In order to find answers to her questions, the Princess decided to continue her journey to Ajmer

As Sukanya and Hans approached Ajmer's borders, they were hungry and tired. 

Seeing that so many people were lining up at the gates which provided entry to the Ajmer, Sukanya slowed down, trying to pay attention to their appearances; most of them appeared to be from well off families or nobilities.

During her walk near the gates, Sukanya stopped and looked around. There was a group of men standing there discussing something. As she eavesdrops on their conversation, she becomes more curious.

To celebrate his victory at Udavpur, which belonged to the Sisodiyas, Prince Ranveer Singh Rathore had organized a celebration. Despite the invitation extending to all the well-off families and nobility, including Maharaj Satyanarayan of Chittor, the King of Chittor turned it down due to the current tension between the two kingdoms.

"So Kunwar Ranveer Singh Rathore is not only behind Chittor but also the areas under the Sisodiya's."

This was the first observation made by Princess Sukanya. Despite not being the most effective warrior, Princess Sukanya possessed something more valuable than her physical skills, a brain as sharp as an eagle's eye. In spite of observing and making decisions, she was too proud, and this pride prevented her from thinking clearly after leaving Jhum Nagar.