chapter xi. coming home-1

Start from the beginning

While you were left wondering if the reaction you had for him had simply stemmed from how deprived you had been from another person's intimate touch, you were soon met with an answer the moment you were seated at your table.

Sitting right across from Seokjin at the dinner table, you finally realised that Soojin's absence may have played a part in the way your mind and body seemed to be affected by him.

Having Soojin around has always been a medium between the two of you, the bridge which helped connect both of you aside from acting as a buffer to ease the air around you when you were together. Coming into the first date you had with him that night, you had no clue what to expect when you were left alone with Seokjin. Sitting there with him, with his hands reaching out to steal light touches on your skin from across the table and his eyes constantly watching you closely, you realised then that without her, you were simply more hyperaware of Seokjin's presence. And without his little girl's prying eyes, nothing was stopping Seokjin from getting a bit bolder, no longer shy in trying to reach out for a touch or two and to throw some innuendoes between the conversation that you shared through the meal which had your skin flushing and your heart somehow growing warm.

For a brief moment after the revelation, you instantly wondered if it would be possible for you to survive the night with all these feelings coming over you. But then the setting, the meal, the perfect companion, the light conversation and the banters shared—spiced with a bit of innocent flirting here and there—along with everything else that came together into the date, had made it easy for you to relax and grow comfortable around him the way you used to. Surprisingly, everything simply seemed to fit together in the end, as if you had always been the missing pieces of the puzzle trying to find your way back to where you belong.

By the end of the night, Seokjin finally had the chance to walk you up to your door, lingering in the hallway for a brief moment when you simply refused to let each other go too soon.

You were contemplating between inviting him in and letting him go into the night, while feeling hesitant at the same time when things started to feel as if they were moving too fast, and you weren't sure you were ready for it. The conflict going inside your head went on as you stood there in silence, pinned against the door of your apartment under your own hesitancy and his intrigued gaze, until he leaned down to press his lips onto your temple, whispering words about holding himself back until the moment you would be ready to open up to him completely and let him in.

"I hope I wasn't the only one feeling this connection building between us," he whispered then. You could both feel and hear the hope in his voice that made you want to reach out and soothe his worries while burying your own. And yet the only thing that you could do was to place your hands on his chest, feeling his heartbeat racing while pressing against the hard plane of his chest that suddenly felt hot under your touch despite the presence of his shirt as a barrier.

For some reason, the vibrating heat coming from his body had only helped make you feel all the longing and all of your want come rolling out of you in a steady wave. "I wouldn't have agreed to spend my time with you tonight if I hadn't felt it too," you finally admitted then, comforting both him and yourself as you smiled at him, letting him hear the words that you had wanted so badly to say all night. "The dinner was lovely."

A soft chuckle came out of his lips then. "Only the dinner?" he asked you then with a faint taunt in his voice that was hard to miss.

Shaking your head, you held back from rolling your eyes on him. "Along with everything else, obviously," you told him then, stopping briefly to look at him in the eyes before adding, "I had a great time with you tonight. Thank you."