chapter viii. drowning-2

✣✣✣

chapter viii. drowning-2

✣✣✣

It takes another two weeks before Minnie joins Seokjin and his daughter as they return to the cafe. This time, it had been Minnie who requested to go before Seokjin even had the chance to arrange for a special visit where they could all come together.

The moment Minnie suggested for them to go after working hours that day, he could already tell that there was something going on. That something wasn't quite right.

As a matter of fact, he had noticed a lot of changes happening with his girlfriend for quite some time. Especially since she hasn't been joining them on their hot chocolate and cinnamon bread dates after what had happened on their last visit to your cafe together.

He had to admit that it had been partly his fault, when he found himself getting too distracted to enjoy the rest of their date that day because his mind had been stuck on you. As much as he would like to think that she might have not noticed it, he cannot deny that he had done a terrible job hiding it from her. It may not have been done deliberately, and yet he is still haunted with guilt whenever he thinks back on that day.

And that guilt continues to put a weight on his shoulders that only feels heavier as they are approaching the cafe. 

He had tried to talk about it during the few times they met after that day happened, but she had always refused to talk, always reassuring him that there was nothing for him to worry about even when he could sense that there was something brewing inside her head. It wasn't hard to notice it when she started pulling back from him. A lot. And if things had been strained between her and Soojin from the start, it had become more apparent when he saw them together during the limited time they spent together for the past week when Minnie hasn't been putting too much effort to try to get close to his daughter as much as she did before.

At the same time all of these changes were happening, Seokjin had been getting his own doubts as well. As time continued to pass, he could tell that his feelings were changing. Or perhaps he was simply beginning to understand himself a little bit better, to finally be able to understand his own feelings, all the emotions that had been overshadowed by his grief that it had taken him some time to recognise them as what they were.

It has been a while since he came to the cafe during the middle of the week instead of the weekend, and he is relieved to find the place isn't too busy with customers the way it does on his other visits. He has no idea what Minnie's intention would be for bringing them here today and he feels wary about bringing his personal business here to your cafe. The last thing he has ever wanted is to show you his faults and weakness and to give you trouble, especially after all that you have done for him in the past year.