The Brain vs. The girl

🥀Jonah's POV🥀

As Mary lays there, having a seizure, there's nothing I can do to help her. The nurses are pulling me back but I need to help her. I'm good at helping people with seizures. I help Luke with his and I have them myself. She has to be scared out of her mind. I feel so bad I can't help.

As I try to push through the crowd of nurses and Doctors trying to calm me down, I try to get it in their heads that I can help her. "Please! Let me help her! I can help her. Just let me help, please! She's scared. She needs me." As one of the Doctors emerges from the crowd, he puts a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry, I know you want to help but just leave it to the professionals, sir."

"Please. At least let me hold her hand for five minutes, I can calm her down." I say, desperate to help, I hate seeing her scared. The nurses and Doctors finally got her sedated before the doctor sighed and let me through. As I rush to her side, her eyes are shut but she's still conscious. She can still hear me. "Mary, can you understand me?" I say as I grab her hand, stroking it lightly with my thumb. She nods her head a few moments after I ask my question.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner, the doctor wouldn't let me in." I said as she opened her eyes a little. Her perfect blue iris' looking up at me, with the lights shining in her eyes, they look even more blue than when I saw them last. They're so beautiful. I would stare into them all night if I could.

Her hair is messy but it still falls perfectly beside her, it's as dark as my hair but it turns dark brown when the sun hits it. Every part of her is beautiful. I wish she knew that.

"Mary can you still hear me?" When she nods her head again, I get close to her ear and whisper, "You're so beautiful, you know that? When you smile, when you cry, when your angry, when your nervous, especially when you're happy. Your just so beautiful." As I kiss the top of her head, she points to where I kissed and started to whimper. "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" She shakes her head but she grabs my hand and rubs my fingers on her forehead. "Does your head hurt?" She nods. She can't speak, the bleeding is proabaly affecting her ability to talk right now.

As one of the doctors come in, Mary makes noises and stuff to let the doctor know her head hurts as she points to it. The doctor comes over and looks at her head for her, "Honey, you need to move so I can see." As I scoot out of the way, Mary trys to pull my arm back to her, "Mary, they have to be able to get to you right here. I'm not gonna leave you." Mary calms down when I give her a small smile. As the doctor looks at her, she obeys every instruction she is told and does them all pretty well except talking for the most part. She can form some words but other than that, she can't complete a sentence.

"Okay, it seems like she has a little bit of brain damage at the left part of her brain where she uses the ability to speak so we might have to do surgery. Be prepared, you can't be in the operating room if she goes in for surgery. But after the surgery, she will have an increased opportunity to get her powers sooner and she will be able to talk and communicate with others but it may take a while to get it all back."
As I take in the information, a sudden question pops in my head, "It is possible to operate on the left side of someone's brain?" Suddenly the doctor looks at Mary and pats her hand, "Anything's possible." As she leaves the room, she turns back around remembering something, "Oh and a nurse will come in and sedate her more so she can rest so spend as much time as you can with her. We'll let you know if we do the surgery." As I nod, the doctor leaves me and Mary alone.

"Did you hear that, Mary? I'm not gonna be able to stay with you if you get the surgery. But I'll be right here when you get back. I'm not gonna leave you." As she tries to form words, she gets frustrated with herself. "Shhh, take your time. I'll be patient. You got this." As I give her a slight smile, she tries again. After making a couple sounds, she finally says a couple words. "Eh...Eh- Th- thank- k- ooh-you...f- for- be-being, eh, he- here..." As I smile, she gives a goofy little sideways smile, "You're welcome, Mary. Your still helping me study when we get outta here, right?" I said smiling like a goofball but I don't think she minded. When she shook her head, she smiled at me. "Yes, you are. Your helping me, Ms. Smarty Pants." As she giggles, she shakes her head again. "N-no, I- I- not." She had a weird voice right now but I couldn't ask her to be be any cuter. "Okay, Okay, you don't have to do it. I'll you let you slide this time." I say as a nurse comes in, soon gently shoving me out of the way. This time Mary is a little more calmer but she still has a sad look on her face.