My decision

Chapter 15

(Y/n) hadn't been to class in three days. She couldn't find the strength to face her classmates. She barely had time to eat. Aizawa had visited her every day she had missed to scold her but he was faced with a wall. He couldn't get through to her.

It happened three days ago; after her conversation with Bakugou.

Her mother called.

The sound of her mother's personalized ringtone was enough to put her into a state of shock. She answered before the second ring was heard.

"Hello my love, I hope you're doing well!" She could tell her mother was angry.

"Mother! I'm so glad you called!" (Y/n) tried to sound excited but she could hear her voice trembling.

"Are you okay sweetie? You sound a bit unwell? Maybe I need to come to visit you."

"No!- I mean you don't need to do that for me. I'm just fine." She was beginning to panic.

"Nonsense! I'll be there by the end of the week." Before the girl could protest her mother had already ended the call. It was too late. Her legs gave in as she felt tears fall down her face.

The girl had unconsciously walked back to her dorm room and grabbed a box from under her bed. Instead of studying or extra training, she worked odd jobs. Saving every yen she could to finally leave Japan. The girl counted her earnings and found she had enough for a one-way plane ticket.

However, if she was going to live she needed more.

Now instead of attending classes, she worked more jobs. She worked as much as she could and was able to get enough cash to live off of until she could find a job in America.

She already booked her ticket the day before her mother would arrive. No one knew of her plan and she didn't exactly plan to tell anyone but thought that at least Aizawa should know.

Her decision was already set in stone and no one could change her mind. She couldn't see that monster of a woman ever again. She never thought she'd have to. After finishing her note to Aizawa the thought to write to Bakugou crossed her mind.

(Y/n) picked her pen back up again and set it to paper.

She folded her two letters and left at 2:30 AM. With her few belongings in one hand and her two letters in the other, she walked out of her dorm. Taking one last look before closing the door forever.

She knew Aizawa wouldn't be awake. He had no assignments to grade and could peacefully sleep for one night she placed the letter in front of his door first before going to Bakugou's door.

It was hard to leave a letter for him. He had broken her heart countless times already but she couldn't fight the feeling of being drawn to him. It wasn't healthy, to say the least, but when have feelings ever been good to her.

Unlike Aizawa's letter, she slid it under his door making sure it couldn't be seen by anybody else before walking away.

Unknowingly to her, the boy was awake. He usually had a set sleep schedule but a voice in his head has told him to stay awake. He heard the note being placed under his door and stood up from his bed to look.

The paper was folded evenly with 'Katsuki' written on it. He opened it and read it carefully.

Dear Katsuki,

My first crush, or love I guess. Looking back to the beginning of the school year I was hopelessly in love with you. Although everyone said you were scary I found you charming. It sounds crazy but I thought maybe you just needed someone by your side. I certainly did.

Anyways I don't want this letter to drag too long since my flight is leaving in a few hours, but I needed to tell you this. You already know I'm scared of my father it was apparent, but I'm terrified of my mother. She called me the other day and now I have to leave. I'm going to America but please don't worry or look for me.

I want you to live your dream of becoming a great hero and your place is to stay here. As I'm writing this my feelings for you remain and maybe they'll never leave but I hope that in the future we can both be happy.

Love (Y/n)

'That damn loser' he thought as his grip tightened on the letter. He quickly opened the door to his room and looked around. The girl was nowhere to be seen. He couldn't give up. He needed to tell her how he felt.

Bakugou ran to the elevator hoping it would be fast enough to catch up to the girl. He busted through the front doors but saw no one. It was as if nothing had happened. He used his quirk to launch himself up hoping that he would be able to spot her from a distance but to no avail.

She was gone.

He walked back inside and found himself making his way to her room. Bakugou thought that maybe it was just a dream and that when he opened her door she would be there sleeping, but he was met with a cold, empty room.

It wasn't a dream. She really was gone for good.

He stayed in her room until morning. When the girls on her floor woke up they noticed Bakugou walking out of her room.

Mina having seen enough of Bakugou's bullshit walked up to him.

"You can't do that to her Bakugou! You can't just waltz into her life whenever you want you've already hurt her enough!" She had her arms crossed as she glared up at him.

"She's gone." He said quietly.

"Bakugou stop messing around!" Mina was growing impatient.

"I said she's gone!" He yelled back. Mina's eyes grew wide as she walked past him and opened the door to her room. He was right.

-=+=-

The entire class sat quietly as they waited for Mr.Aizawa to walk in. When he did Bakugou noticed he had a latter identical to his own in his hand.

"As most of you might know one of your classmates is gone. I was given a letter today and was told to read it in front of the class so listen carefully." He began to open up the letter as the students sat at the edge of their seats.

Dear Mr.Aizawa,

I never wanted to become a hero but my parents were forcing me and I just can't take it anymore. I want to live an average life, so I'm leaving. Please tell everyone in class A that I'll miss them and that they'll always have a place in my heart.

(Y/n)

Bakugou noticed how short Mr. Aizawas's letter was compared to his own. She didn't tell Mr.Aizawa the full story. He was the only one who knew.

-=+=-

After a 12-hour plane ride (Y/n) was finally in America. She had studied the language when she was young and knew enough to get by. Hopefully, she could be happy here.

-=+=-

I couldn't stop writing after I finished the last chapter so here's a new one an hour later!
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Feedback is always welcomed!