I - Lost

Chapter One - Lost

A/N - the first few parts will be from the actual show to blend the story well. This all from the first half of 15x18 - Despair. (Like pretty much word for word. None of the Content from this chapter and from the next are mine. At all)

Chuck and Amara had left, and Jack was about to explode, so Billie had sent him to the Empty. Dean, Cas, and Sam were all worried about him and gave Billie God's book to get him back.

Sam dropped it on the table and walked across the room. Billie picked up the book and flipped to the last page. "What are you doing?" Cas questioned.

"Since you ruined the last one God's book has a new ending," Billie answered.

"Jack! Now!" Dean yelled. "Billie, I swear-"

Billie shushed him and Dean and Cas looked over at her angrily. "Interesting," she said mostly to herself. Jack appeared on the ground in front of them.

"Jack!" Cas surged towards him, worried.

"Nuh-uh," Billie commanded. "The boy is mine."

"No," Jack murmured.

"Sorry, kid," Billie said, turning towards Jack. "You're still useful."

"No," Sam yelled. "You can't!"

"I can and I will," Billie said smugly. Dean, seething with rage rushed forward and grabbed Billie's scythe. "Goodbye boy- Agh!"

Dean slashed her across the shoulder and she sent him flying across the room. She grasped her wound and disappeared.

Sam and Cas rushed towards Jack as he kneeled over. "Jack," Cas said, checking in on him. Dean got up and walked towards them as Sam found that Billie had left behind God's book.

The next morning, they got a call from Charlie panicking about her girlfriend, Stevie, having vanished. Sam and Dean rushed over to check on her. "Charlie," Sam asked. "Why don't you just tell us everything you saw?"

"I saw nothing. I heard nothing. I felt nothing. No chills, no- no sulfur smell," She stuttered, teary eyed. "One second, Stevie was making breakfast, and the next she just..." She sobbed. "She just vanished."

Dean and Sam looked at each other, suspecting Billie.

"They won't be long," Cas said to Jack, waiting outside by the Impala. "They just didn't want to overwhelm their friend."

"I don't mind," Jack replied quietly, sitting on the hood of the Impala.

"How ya feeling?" Cas asked worriedly, turning towards Jack. "You've been quiet."

"How long have you been waiting to ask me that?" Jack asked, avoiding the question. Cas smiled towards himself.

"I guess I didn't want to overwhelm you."

"I feel... strange," he finally answered after a moment of silence. Cas sat beside him, nodding. "I don't know if that's because of what happened to me, if it means something, or if I just feel strange because..." Jack trailed off. Cas looked at him waiting for him to finish. "...it's over. The plan. My destiny. I was ready to die," his voice started quivering. "And I wanted to, for Sam, for Dean, for the world. I wanted to make things right, and now... I don't know why I'm here."

"Jack, you never needed absolution from Sam or Dean or from me," Cas tried to console his son. "We don't care about you because you're useful or you fit into some grand design. We care about you because you're you."

Jack shook his head. "God, the Empty, Billie, everyone's so mad at us, and I don't have my powers." A tear rolled down his cheek. "There's nothing I can do to protect us. I'm scared, Cas."

"I know. Me too." Cas laid a hand on Jack's shoulder to comfort him.

Meanwhile Sam and Dean explained to Charlie how they thought that Billie, the Death, wanted to send everyone back and how she was the one responsible for Stevie's disappearance. Sam got a call from Bobby informing him that another apocalypse world refugee had disappeared.

"So no one's safe," said Dean. "Anybody that's ever crossed over from another world, anyone that's ever been resurrected, all on Billie's list."

Horror spread on Sam's face. "Eileen," he said, looking at Dean in horror. Worry seeped onto Dean's face.

"Go," Charlie said, seeing the panic on their faces. They rushed towards Eileen in the Impala, Sam texting her to make sure that she was okay and telling her to leave her house.

What? You're scaring me, Eileen texted back.

Wait out by your car. We're on the way. Sam replied.

Please Sam. What's going on?

Just wait. We're almost there. Sam texted back tensely. He saw that Eileen was typing but the message soon vanished. Worry running through him. Eileen?

Dean sped up as he noticed Sam's worry but when they pulled up to her location, they only found her phone, with the unfinished message.

"Sammy?" Dean asked.

"No-" Sam replied. Cas' face fell and Dean looked upset. "I can't- uh- If I let myself go, then I'll lose my mind. I can't right now." They all looked around, upset. "Alright, we have to get everyone to safety. Anyone who might be on Billie's list."

They discussed a location and a way to keep them all safe. "You do that," Dean said. "I started this. I'm going to end it."

"Dean," Sam said exasperated, not wanting to lose another person he cared about.

"Your plan? Getting everybody safe, that's good, okay? But it won't last forever." Dean shook his head. Now, we couldn't make Chuck pay. But Billie? She left her blade. Her, I can kill," he said angrily.

"I'll go with you, Dean." Cas said. And the group split off then, Cas and Dean walking towards the Impala. 

"Let's go, Cas. Let's go reap a reaper."

A/n: Again all this chapter is directly from episode 15x18 Despair, so you all understand the canon better.