XI - Embrace

Chapter eleven - Embrace

As Dean pulled into the garage, Adam jumped out, barely letting Dean slow. When they entered the bunker—after Dean parked the Impala— they couldn't see Adam.

"He probably went looking for Michael," Dean said.

"Michael?" a faint voice yelled.

"Eileen!" Jack squealed when they entered the Map room. She waved up at them. He ran and hugged her.

"Hi Jack," Eileen said, embracing the Nephilim back. Dean walked over, stealing a hug from Eileen once Jack let go. "Hey, Dean."

"I'm glad you're okay," he said once he pulled away so Eileen could read his lips. She smiled at him and walked over to Cas.

"Yeah, what happened?" She asked, pulling Cas into a hug. "Hey, Cas."

"Hello Eileen," Cas said, slightly startled by the hug.

"Sorry, I was just worried about you all," Eileen explained.

"No worries," Cas said. "We're glad you're alright. Sam is on his way back."

"From where?" Eileen asked, turning to face Dean. They summarized what happened. Everything with Chuck, Billie, and the Empty. "Wait," she said and signed, waving her fingers in front of her face. "You two are together? Like boyfriends? Or—?"

She paused and turned when she saw their heads turn to the top of the stairs. They had heard the door open and Sam walked through, scanning the scene in front of him. "Eileen," he sighed, relieved to see her okay. He rushed down the stairs and crashed into her.

"Hi Sam," she said, laughing at the speed of the embrace.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he said into her hair.

"Sam," Dean said. "She's deaf you idiot."

"What?" Sam asked, confused.

"Did you say something?" Eileen asked, pulling back to see Sam.

"No," he tried sheepishly. Eillen snorted and Sam smiled. "I'm glad you're okay. I was really worri—"

"Where is Michael?" Adam interrupted, panting. "I couldn't find him. I—"

"Adam," Michael breathed. Adam turned to face him. "Hello." Adam rushed towards him, pulling him into a crushing embrace. Michael wrapped his arms around him, relieved to finally have Adam back.

"It's really weird talking to you when you don't have my face, you know?" Adam said when he pulled away, inspecting Michael's new vessel. "I don't mind it though, you're still gorgeous." Adam smiled when Michael laughed softly. His smile fell though as he hesitated. "But something is off, are you okay?"

"I'm alright, Adam," Michael said, resting a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "You're right, something is different." He took a deep breath. "To fight Chuck, to beat my father, Jack needed a lot of power. So I gave him my grace—"

"I know," Adam said. "Cas kept part of it."

"Yeah, well," Michael said, fidgeting nervously, which made Adam suspicious because hello? Archangels don't get nervous.

"Michael?" he asked softly.

"I had—have—very little grace left." He took a deep breath. "Adam, I'm essentially human."

"What?"

"My grace needs a lot of time to regenerate and for a while, I'm going to function like a human."

"For how long?"

"I—I don't know." Michael looked down. Adam raised a hand and cupped his face.

"Michael," Adam said, lifting Michael's head up. "I don't care if you're human. I love you, and I'll be here to help you through it all. I promise."

Michael smiled, leaning into Adam's hand. "I love you too."

"I'm just worried if your vessel is strong enough."

Michael nodded and said, "As my grace comes back, it will strengthen my vessel and give it an adjustment period. My vessel will work."

"Okay, good," Adam said, pulling Michael closer and pressing a kiss to his head. Michael cupped Adam's face and pulled him down into a real kiss.

Dean smiled, looking over at Sam and Eileen talking to each other. Sam looked at Eileen as if she hung the moon and Eileen was laughing about something. Dean looked back to Adam and Michael, still embracing each other, Adam joking about how weird it's gonna be kissing someone that doesn't look like me.

He turned his head towards Cas and grabbed his sleeve, pulling him away from the rest of the group. They entered Dean's room and he locked the door. Dean rushed over to Cas, throwing himself into his arms, gripping him in an embrace.

"We did it!" Dean said, relieved. "We won. Free will won."

Cas smiled and pulled Dean closer to his chest. "You didn't kill Chuck," Cas said into Dean's hair, after a few minutes.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, pulling away slightly to see Cas' face.

"After Jack took his powers he was human, he wouldn't go to the empty. You knew that. You let him live."

"Because you're right. That's not who I am. Or at least, it's not who I want to be."

Cas smiled wider. "I love you," he breathed. Dean grinned.

"I love you, too, Cas," he said.

_______________

Hi, I wanna say thank you to everyone who took the time to read my story, I truly hope you enjoyed it. I'm sorry but there's just too much going on in my life right now and Wattpad as a platform just doesn't work for me very much. I need to keep this separate from my past. So I made the decision to discontinue this. This is the end and I'm so sorry to those who expected more. I will be leaving the fic up, but don't expect any more chapters. Again, I am so sorry and I hope you guys can understand.

Thanks for reading

-Katherine