Chapter 12: The After Math

Horace sat in a chair. He looked around and saw Thade had potions and other grotesque things in jars, such as hearts, lungs, eyes... "Now... In order to get Daisy back, you will work for me, and I will help you find her and bring her back to you. However, you must help me find the knickerbocker's Tale and the map is what we must find first. So.... Do we have a deal." He held his hand out to Horace, and Horace took his hand and shook it. Thade smiled. "Welcome to the Rubberfishes crew.

Mary lived elsewhere in the shadows but the picture she had desperately needed was sent to Daisy, which was a picture she had taken of Daisy and Charlotte, before the two were separated, which Mary had sent the letter why she also had to send Charlotte away. Earl had found out Charlotte was alive and so she had to send Charlotte away. Daisy kept trying to find Mary but couldn't find put where Mary was. Mary had to hide herself since she had the known location of the Knickerbocker's Tale, and while she was in hiding.

Earl was in his study when he heard his window creek open. He looked to the window and saw the curtains blow and saw no one was there. He felt a blade at his throat. "Call for your guards... And I'll make sure you never live to see the light of day again." Mary said. "Where is my daughter, and that pirate's offspring?" He growled. "You won't find them... Trust me." She whispered a spell. He saw his hands become dark and transparent. He screamed and she teleported elsewhere and Marcus, Daisy's brother, waited for her. "Mary!" She froze. "You disobeyed my rules." He said walking towards her. "Marcus, please.... I was trying to protect Daisy and your niece!"

"I'm sorry ,Mary... The shadow spell was a forbidden spell and you used it." He blew a smoke and she inhaled by mistake. Mary begged and cried for him to reverse the spell but she turned into a statue. "You may return when the book has been found. " Marcus said and left as Mary stayed like a frozen statue.

Thade was on a mission to find this book. Schot, had the map to find the book, but he had to keep it safe. Which this would lead to some pretty awful events. This may have been the beginning to what may be an awful effect on many lives, but this wasn't the end to this story. Daisy knew that for a fact.

 However, let's go ahead and take a few more steps back to whom had made the map. Before any of what went down, before this time... Let's go back to when the book was first created."

Izod grabbed Cole. "Father! I've finished cracking the code to the book!" Izod said and the man holding Cole handed him to Izod. "Run, boy.... They will find the memory keeper and the book if we allow the creatures to give it to Emerson... We mustn't allow it. Run and don't look back. " The man said and Izod bit his tongue and held back tears. He ran and avoided the creatures of the Abyssal Kingdom and took Cole to a cave and put him in the cave wall in an open hole. "I'll find you on the other side, brother." 

Izod saw the cave close the hole and take him else where and he hid the book in another one, and it did the same. Izod saw a creature coming towards him and blood splattered onto the wall. Cole woke up in another place. A shadow took him into it's arms and held him. Cole smiled and The shadow held Cole close. The shadow raised Cole til he was three. He stayed by Cole's side ever since. Even after a maiden with hair like fire and eyes like nature found Cole and took him into her life. The shadow stayed with Cole. The Shadow only hoped and prayed the book would be found soon.