Chapter 10: I Don't Mind Romantic

Daisy had wrote a letter to Schot. She needed to speak to him. "Hey, long time no see." Schot said and shook her hand. "I wrote a letter. You remember Poppy, right?" Schot nodded. "I need you to deliver a letter for me. Give it to him." She gave him the letter and Schot nodded. "Alrighty... I'll do it..." He sighed. "Ya sure you'll be alright?" 

"Positive."

"Oh by the way, here's a little someone." He turned his back and Percy was now three years old and was strapped to Schot's back. "Hi.." Schot smiled at Percy's tiny voice. "Well hello there." Daisy smiled as Percy nibbled on a cookie. "You were mommy fwiend?"He asked. Daisy nodded. "You remind me of your mother with those gorgeous blue eyes." She said and he smiled. "Tank yoo" He was too precious.

"Alright, say good bye to Daisy, champ." Schot said and Percy smiled and waved his tiny little hand. "Bye bye, Daisy" He said and the two disappeared down the road. 

Schot had gone down to the docks to try and find him. 

"Mate, are ye sure ya wern't dreamin'?" A crewmate asked Poppy.

"I'm telling you! I remember I had a woman, and she was pregnant with my child, but I can't remember anything after that and I have to find her before it's too late." He said as he walked though a crowd with his crewmate. Schot spotted him and had to stop him, knowing this was the time some ships would begin to set sail.

"Hey! You! Please wait up!" Schot ran as fast as he could. For a 27 year old.... He was slow. He had to be careful not to wake the little 4 year old ginger that slept peacefully on his back in a baby carrier he made from a scarf. He caught up to Poppy. "Yes? How can I help you?" Poppy asked. Clearly with time, he didn't recognize him since one, he never knew his name, and two, he forgot he was Daisy's friend, but also her friend Lydia's husband. "Sir, do you know a woman by the name of Daisy Evangeline Wax?" Poppy's eyes widen, "Yes I do!" Schot hands him the envelope. "I'm afraid.... Bad news awaits you sir..." He hands him the envelope and once the red haired man finished. He fell to his knees bursting into tears. The love of his life... Was dead. Milo came from off the ship and saw his brother on his knees weeping. "Brother! Are you ok?!"

Schot patted the 30 year old red haired man on his shoulder and then he finally tries to calm down. "Wait... You came all this way to give me this... Let me pay you." Schot held his hand up. "We'll be in touch.... I'm in the Tarantula crew... I'm Schot..... The only way you can repay me is do me a favor when the time comes. Sorry about your lady. Don't worry... Things will be brighter some day." Poppy couldn't help but look down at the letter. Tears continued to fill his eyes and he sniffled as he read the letter. Milo knew Daisy would do this, but... He couldn't tell his brother, especially since Daisy had discussed the plans before they parted ways. Milo grabbed the letter from Poppy and read the letter aloud.

"Dear Poppy,

I'm sorry I left. Truth is I just couldn't bear my father coming after you or Milo. Mary told me it would be a girl. Isn't that nice? Unfortunately, I am sick... She will be born soon. I'm gonna name her Charlotte Jolene Calstine... I hope she makes it through this, knowing I may not be with her for the rest of her life.

Know that I love you and Milo very much. You two were the most wonderful people to come into my life. Thank you. 

I wish I could have seen you one last time. I love you with all my heart.

Love,

Daisy"

He turned the paper and saw the letter on back. 

"Dear Poppy Michael Calstine,

It's me... Mary... I am sorry to inform you... But Daisy, nor Charlotte made it through the labor. I'm sorry about the two. I hope you'll find peace and move on."