Chapter 9: The Dock Fights

When Daisy got better, she was able to finally be out of bed. One day as she waited for Horace to come back from a dock fight, she heard the back door open and she was excited to see him. "Horace! Oh thank goodness! Why didn't you come to the front door?" She she lit a candle and saw the blood coming from his head. She screamed and looked in horror. "What happened to you?!" She grabbed his hand and led him to the bathroom and she quickly ran the water and began to quickly clean the blood. "Horace, this is a lot of blood!" He just stared at her before saying, "I lost..." She shook her head. "You didn't even hear a single word I just said did you?" 

"Daisy! I lost a match! My dock rounds doubled! I'm gonna be stuck doing this for a long time! I have no way out of it!" Horace said and looked down pinching the bridge of his nose. "Wait.... What if you had a partner.... Are dock partner's allowed?" He looked up at her, "Well yeah-" He stopped and then looked at her with a dead serious look. ".... Daisy.... No."

"Horace! Look at you! You're lucky you came home alive! I'm going to the dock fight whether you like it or not! You look horrible right now! That is saying a ton! I'm going and you can't stop me!" He stood up and kissed her forehead, resulting in her blushing and he said, "No means no..."

She was mad.  She didn't want him going to his dock fight tomorrow so she came up with a plan tomorrow... She knew exactly what to do. 

Horace was getting dressed and he hid the few of the bandages from his injury with his hair. He got his claw weapon ready. "Horace... Can we talk for a minute?" Daisy asked as she came in. He blushed when he noticed what she was wearing. The pretty white dress with silver sparkles on it was loose but it showed every curve on her body. Her hair was down, no longer in a bun. "Look... Honestly, you're right... I shouldn't have suggested the idea... I just don't like seeing you get hurt. Promise me you'll try not to get hurt this time." She said getting closer, and he blushed more and nodded. Daisy put a hand on his arm and she could see his fingers twitch. "I promise..." He said. Daisy smiled and kissed him. His eyes widen and he began to melt into the kiss.  He  held her hips and pulled her closer. Daisy suddenly noticed the change in him. The two fell onto the bed and began to make out. "I didn't think my day would be this good." He smiled but before he could say another word, Daisy put a rag over his mouth and he began to pass out. "Oh trust me... it's not." She took his hand claw and kissed him. "Don't worry, I won't be long. Thank you dumpling~" She smirked and left. She was dressed in pants and boots with a black long sleeve, she had created a mask for herself... It was a silver mask and she had to bind her chest tightly so she could pretend to be a male and she cut her hair.

Her hair was now at her neck.  She had looked like a male. Daisy had signed herself up as Horace's partner. By the time she had finished signed, she felt someone drag her by the hair and slam her up against. "Who are you and where is Daisy?!" Horace was standing in front of her angry. "How did you get my claw?!" He didn't even recognize her but when she took off the  mask was when his expression changed. "Daisy! What are you doing here!?" He whisper yelled. "I'm helping!" 

"No you're not Daisy! You're coming home immediately!"

"Too late Horace! I signed myself up and now I'm your partner." The minute she said that he looked like he was ready to faint. "Daisy... I've been training for years on this so I wouldn't die... You mean to tell me you just signed yourself up just like that?!"