Chapter 11: The Old Theater

"May I please open my eyes?" Daisy asked but Horace told her, "We're almost there, now hush!" Finally after a long time they stop walking. "Alright.... You can look now. " Daisy opened her eyes and saw the giant stage and it had a few candles and there was a perfect  little picnic blanket and basket that awaited them. "How... Did we get in?" She asked and he pointed to her neck and she looked down and saw a red ribbon around her neck with a key tied to it. "I pulled a few strings and I know how much you love magic and acting... So I bought you a theater. Surprise! Happy Birthday Daisy." She just looked at him with the most surprised and shocked look. "Um... Daisy? Are you ok?" Horace asked. She began to tear up. "You... You did all this? For me?" She asked and he walked towards. "First off, stop that. Quit crying. I don't like it when you cry. It makes my heart hurt. Second, of course. After everything you've done, this is the least I could do."

Daisy smiled and she hugged him. Horace smiled and hugged her. "C'mon, before the cake in the basket gets all warm." Horace said and guided her onto the stage. The two sit on the picnic blanket and they both ate a slice of cake. "I would've decorated it but since it was my gift to you, I wanted you to have the choice to decorate it your own way." He laid next to her and  the two stare up at the ceiling. She smiled and now laid on her belly and she played with a few strands of his hair. She kissed his cheek and he turned cotton candy pink. "Thank you." He continued to blush and said, "You're welcome."

"So... I know that you don't like being called cute but... Has anyone ever told you how cute you look when you're blushing?"  He just turned red. "Daisy... Why?" He whined. "Hey, it's a compliment. It's not like I'm saying it to the whole world." She giggled.  He looked at her and then asked, "Daisy.... I have a question.... And it's ok to say no..... But-" He began to nervously shake and sweat. "Wouldyouliketobemygirlfriend!?" He covered his face and she uncovered his blushing pink face and he saw her blushing a bit. "Sure."

"Whew... Ok... So... Um... Second question....  I have a dock fight, but I'm sailing to another island for my dock fight. So... I'll be doing that for the next five years." He said and she looked at him and took a deep breath.  She got up and stormed off the stage. "Daisy! Daisy wait!!!" He picked up the stuff quickly ran after her. Daisy felt the tears beginning to blur her vision. She kept running. She had gotten attached. She had told herself she wouldn't and she did. "Daisy! WAIT! COME BACK!" Horace said and Daisy just ran. She began to look back and she realized she had gotten attached... Yet she still loved Poppy. She had to come clean and tell him the truth... Some how.

Horace teleported in front of her and he grabbed her. "Stop!" He said as he grabbed her wrists. She pulled her wrists away and she began to hit his chest. "Daisy. Stop. I know you're angry with me... I know how you're actually feeling. I know you still love your first.... But he's not coming back, so move on." She stopped and he carried her.  "I know you figured out what I was gonna tell you. " He said as he teleported them to the cabin. "I'm not staying."  She said as she looked away from him. "Daisy, you're not coming with me. I can't risk you getting hurt." He put her down. "That's cause you are a coward!" Horace cut her off by slapping her across but realized what he had done. She looked at him and as the tears fill her eyes from the stinging pain, it wasn't so much that she was sad anymore, it was more the fact he hit her. "Mama always said that if he hits a woman.... He's a coward. You just proved me right." She ran to her room. He stood there and sighed.  He walked to her room and tried opening the door but it was blocked.

Daisy had moved the dresser in front of the door. "Daisy... Open the door. Look... I'm sorry, ok? Listen... I'll be gone tomorrow morning. If you don't want to ever see me again, I get it. I'm gonna slide the key to the theater beneath the door. Slide it back if you want me to go away. Keep it if you'd like to talk later when I return. I'll give you tonight to make your decision." He slid the key under and walked to his room.