1 ♡

Nova's POV

"WAKE UP BITCH" My stepmom yelled kicking my door open. I quickly shot up. "Make yourself look fucking presentable. Don't look like a slut either your dad has to have a serious conversation with you." I nodded my head and she walked out slamming my door. God, why does she hate me so much? What did I do to her? I throw on some sweats and a sweater and make my way downstairs.

I get to the last step and notice my dad sitting at the table alongside my stepmom and two strange men dressed in suits. one with blonde hair and green eyes the other with brown hair and brown eyes. "What's going on," I said glaring at my father. "Sit down Nova baby we have something to discuss," he said giving me a look. I complied sitting down across from him. Why was he being so nice to me? Suddenly I heard heavy footsteps. I look behind me and see a tall man with black hair and blue eyes standing before me. Holy shit he's hot. He's a fucking god.  Who is this mystery man?

The stubble on his chin making him look ten times hotter. The suit he wore made him look so professional. Snap out of it Nova! I look back up and meet his eyes. My eyes involuntary moved to his lips. While being captivated by his pink plump lips, I notice the small smirk threatening to appear. My eyes lifted to meet his perfect blue ones. We stare at each other for what seems like an eternity before I cleared my throat, "okay father what did you want to speak to me about?" I said turning to meet my father's eyes.

"Ah yes, Dante why don't you join us" Dante nods his head sitting down next to my father.

"Dante here is the Don of the Italian Mafia" They all stare at me waiting for my reaction. I'm just sitting here, blank-faced. HE'S THE LEADING OF THE ITALIAN FUCKING MAFIA?!

"I'm sorry what?" is all I could manage to get out.

"ARE YOU-" my father cuts himself off when he notices Dante glare at him daring him to finish that sentence. " I'm sorry I meant are you okay you seem emotionless baby girl." I mentally gag at the fact he called me baby girl.

"No I'm fine I'm just a little confused. Why do I have anything to do with this?"

I notice Dante look at his watch, " Can we speed this up I have places to be" he says huskily. He has an Italian accent so he must be Italian.  I find it extremely attractive but am I going to tell him that..no.

"Right sorry. Nova, you will be marrying Dante." I'M SORRY WHAT DID HE SAY?!

Suddenly my laughter fills the room. "OH.MY.GOD.YOU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS!" I said in between breaths. Dante cocks an eyebrow turning to his left to eye my father, hoping to get me under control.

"Nova this is serious. It is no joke. You will marry Dante." my father gave me a stern look. They have got to be kidding if they think I'm gonna marry some ridiculously hot stranger.

"THE FUCK I AM" I boomed standing up. "Nova!" my mother said glaring at me. "I'm sorry Dante she's usually not like this" she scolded me looking up at him through her false lashes.

"Nova it wasn't a question. You WILL marry Dante on your 18th birthday!" my dad spat at me. "But why me why can't Baylee do it?!" I yelled at my father. Baylee is my older step-sister she's 19. She hates me. She helps my father and stepmother beat me. They have locked me in the dark for weeks giving me one piece of bread and one cup of water every 2 days, ever since then, I've hated the dark.

My father opens his mouth to speak but Dante beats him to it. "Who is Baylee, you did not inform me of another daughter you had." Dante cocked an eyebrow.

"Baylee is too old I-I maybe thought you wanted someone young." my father stuttered out. Why is he suddenly so scared? Oh...MAYBE BECAUSE BIG BAD MAFIA MAN HAS A GUN IN HIS WAISTBAND! When the fuck did that get there?!

Dante goes to respond by a high-pitched voice interrupts him "Daddy I'm home!" Dante and I both flinch at her voice.

She walks into the kitchen and looks straight at Dante. "Daddy who's this handsome man?" my father stands up and puts a hand on her back. "Honey this is Dante," my father said as she stares down at him.

She puts a hand on his shoulder earning a scowl from Dante as he pushed her hand off of him. She looks offended but hides it with a smile. "Why hello Dante, I'm sorry if my idiotic sister is bothering you, I can always-" Dante cuts her off. "First of all your sister is not bothering me, you are. Second of all you rudely interrupted our conversation with your annoyingly high-pitched voice. So, please shut the fuck up." Dante turns back to me, "Now where were we?"

I look at my step-sister and she's glaring at Dante then looks at my father with fake watery eyes.

My father clears his throat, " as we were saying, Nova, you will marry Dante, You have no choice." I was ready to retaliate but as we all figured, she has something to say as fucking always. " WHAT?! DADDY THAT'S NOT FAIR! SHE IS FAR TOO UGLY TO MARRY DANTE! I WANT TO MARRY HIM!" she whined stomping her foot. God, she's a fucking woman child.

Deep laughter suddenly fills the room. Oh. My. God. Dante is laughing?

"I'm sorry but I'm not marrying you. You are all fucking plastic with a high-pitched voice. You're like a shitty version of Malibu fucking barbie. So I'm gonna go with Nova instead" Dante said turning his head to me.

Everyone's eyes go wide, including mine. "Daddy don't let him talk to me like that!" my sister said stomping her foot. Dante laughed once again, "I'm sorry but it's the truth." He replied smirking

I finally decided to speak. "But why, why does anyone have to marry you?"

My father opened his mouth to speak but Dante cut him off. " Because your father has debts to pay and I have business to take care of and this is our solution."

what..my dad is using me to pay his debts? " Why," I said as my eyes started to swell. "It's over Nova. He will have his men pack your stuff." my father said looking me dead in his eyes. How could he?

"What do you mean 'pack my stuff' I am not leaving, not right now!" I growled. "Yes, you are," Dante said. He turned his head to his two men, " Take her to the car and have someone come pack her belongings, make sure she is left unharmed in the process." he said walking off.

I felt two strong arms picking me up. I kicked and screamed but nothing worked. I looked back at my father hoping he would help me. "Daddy please"..nothing..all he did was watch, blank-faced.

Suddenly I felt a needle poke my neck. "Night Night" was the last thing I heard..and with that..everything went black.