25. Tell Me Stay Away

Adelpha's Pov:

I looked down at my father passed out. He finally got what he deserved. The alcohol in his eyes would make him blind.

Like he wasn't already.

Blind of all the pain he caused. Blind on the pain he inflated on everyone. Blind with the arrogance of himself. Blind with the disgust he carried with himself.

"Adelpha..." April's voice shook from upstairs.

I turned and looked up at her. She looked terrified of me. My heart broke at the sight, but I had no regrets of what I did.

"You're bleeding." She said as she nodded her head towards my stomach.

I looked down at my shirt. Blood covered the space where my ribs were wrapped. I didn't care. It was the price of revenge. The pain of my own injuries coming back.

I turned away from my father and turned towards the steps. I walked up as April backed out of the way of the door and held it opened as I walked passed her. She followed me as I headed into the bathroom.

I looked into the mirror and lifted my shirt. Sure enough there was bleeding from one of the cuts. She grabbed a cloth and held it under the cold water and placed it onto my cut. I sucked in a gasp of air as I felt the cold hit my stomach.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll wait until he's awake, but then I'm leaving." I said as she stood up and pulled away.

She looked at me, I noticed the look. It was the look my mother always had when my father came home.

"He's not going to hurt you ever again." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

She sobbed into my shoulder and mumbled shaky 'thank you' and 'sorrys' I brushed my hand through her hair.

After she calmed down we headed up to bed.

I ran over the events of the past days in my head. Everything changed so fast. One day we were all sitting at the table happy and talking, the next I was beaten and died until April saved me, and then I was beating my father: burning him, blinding him, choking him.

Maybe I am like him. I bury everything down and take my anger out, but I don't take my anger out on innocent people. I don't kill people. But I was still on the road to destruction, tell me all the ways to stay away.

I finally laid my head down and closed my eyes, forcing myself to sleep.

<>
"About what I said the night before..." Draco said as he stood in my doorway.
"About what?" I asked confused.
I think I knew what he was talking about, but I couldn't get my hopes up.
"About no connections or feelings?"
I nodded my head and bit the inside of my bottom lip.
"Well I want to take that back, because um- I think I want connections."

I woke up with a small tear on my cheek. I brushed it away and looked over to the clock. Shit I oversleep a lot. It was 4 o'clock. I walked to my bathroom and slowly stepped into the shower and turned on the hot water. I let my bandages fall to my feet and huddled them up and tossed them in the trash. I struggled taking deep breaths. I couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts and get proper treatment, because hell I could barley breath or move.

I ran my hands through my hair, brushing it all back as I rinsed the conditioner out. I turned around and titled my head up, letting the water hit me directly in the face. It felt comforting, besides the stinging pain of the bruising and cuts.

When I was done I wrapped my towel gently around my body and walked over to the counter. The shower helped nothing. Only made my injuries look worse and more prominent. Meaning I needed real treatment soon.