Not a word was spoken, the two merely basked in the pain for eachother. James turned the ignition off as his car came to a stop, and Calypso sniffed next to him.

"Calypso?"

She bit on her bottom lip, pretending he wasn't there. He said her name again, harder this time. She turned then, and James was afraid she would hear the shattering of his heart.

She smiled at him then, the saddest of smiles. He reached for her cheek and warmer than the other times, the fire bloomed at their contact. It was a bright blue flame this time, killing everything in its wake.

The pad of his thumb rubbed over a flower, and slowly, delicately, he pressed a kiss against her lips. She felt her muscles relax, and James finally allowed himself to breathe. She pulled away, her bottom lip between her teeth.

"I think I'm in love with you, James,"

It was like the rain stopped for a second, and the sun stopped shining, and the moon stopped smiling. James throat clogged up, and his heart ached, deeply through his muscles.

"I know I'm in love with you, Calypso,"

For her, the sun didn't stop. Nor did the moon, and the rain. The moon rejoiced where it hid from the sun, and the clouds paved way for the suns rays, and she felt her heart beat in her ears and fingertips, in her lips and in her stomach.

She couldn't meet his eyes, no matter how much she wanted to. She silently chewed on her bottom lip, his eyes leaving trails of fire as they lapped around her skin. James lifted her chin, and she finally looked at him. Her heart started hurting eren more, if that was even possible.

They shared the same feelings for eachother, and they shared the same burning of the tongue with unspoken words.

"Look at me, honey," He said, his voice dripping in softness, like velvet and the softest of cakes. She did, and she smiled. James smiled at her, the most genuine of smiles.

"You love me?" She asked, tilting her head. James exhaled sharply, "So much it hurts,"

It wasn't the words that made her gasp, it was the way James' eyes filled with clear tears, his waterline glinting in the sun. She brushed her thumb over his cheek, and he kissed her palm.

"You love me?"

"So much it hurts, James,"

His smile widened, sad and beautiful. They shared a moment of vulnerability with eachother, something neither of them did with anyone. James pressed a kiss against her forehead, and she kissed the corner of his mouth, and the two left it at that.

Opening the front door for Calypso, James grinned at her as she stepped in. She shrugged her coat off, the rain having wet it till she felt it seep through and onto her shoulders. Her hair dripped on his skin tiles, and James slicked his wet hair back with a large hand.

James shrugged off his suit jacket, his under shirt wet and clinging to his skin. Calypso watched him, his fingers moving quick and with skill to unbutton his shirt. She dropped her purse ontop of the counter and kicked off her shoes, and took the clasp from her hair, allowing it to cascade down her back.

The two lovers watched eachother as they often did, but the tension quickly became suffocating. And when James' shirt dropped to the floor, he walked towards her, his hands taking the sides of his face and the fire bloomed on their skin, deep and bright blue.

His lips melted away against her, hot and rough. She gasped into his mouth, her tiny hands clamping onto his thick wrists. James' reached down, and just as quick as he unbuttoned his buttons, hers came undone.