Chapter eleven

Denia stood in white as she watched her pack members pile their things on the top of various chariotes. Lola on her right hand, Lilly on her left. Her eyes stared sadly as she watched Tony help in the packing.
Last night she'd explained everything to the siblings. Tears were shed, promises were made but in the end, none was willing. None but Tony.
He was understanding and calm through the chaos of their goodbyes.
Denia couldn't take her eyes off of him. In the days she had not seen him, he looked taller, less skinny and he often gave off a reliable feeling.
Denia silently wondered where her tiny little brother went.
"It's okay." Denia said her finally goodbye to their siblings now sitting with the rest of the pack at the back of the chariote.
"i'll look after them." Tony spoke up, his brown eyes staring deep into his elder sister's as he hugged their younger siblings to his side. "I'm their big brother!" He claimed.
Denia nodded, wiping the stray tears from her cheeks she forced a smile and took a step back.
In the end, Denia stood on the side lines. Gemma to her right and unusually quiet Sofi on her left.
"Hurry up Sofi, let's get on the road" Micky called out to his daughter, reaching out a hand to help her in.
But the omega stood in place not moving. Micky's arm slowly fell as Danna, his eldest daughter placed a hand on his arm and shook her head. He glanced at her before turning his confused gaze towards his youngest.
"I'm also staying here" Sofi voiced. Micky looked like someone physically knocked the breath out of him.
"Sofi you-" He began, moving to get off the chariote only to be held back by Danna.
"I spoke to Gemma," Sofi began. "She said I could stay by Denia's side if I became an agent of the shadows. She agreed to have me enter their training facilities." The omega spoke calmly. Denia glanced at her, then at the old woman at her side but decided on remaining silent.
"Sofi, you can't" Micky was lost for words for a long time before voicing this.
"Father." Sofi sighed. "During the Selection I realized that I'm not strong, fast, brave, I am not even as smart as I thought I was." The omega shook her head. "But none of that matters. I can do it if i try." She exclaimed.
Micky was a beta, his mate had also been a beta yet they brought two omega's into this life.
In order to protect their daughters, both parents had to learn to be stronger then they were. More forceful and dominant then their status claimed to process. Micky struggled constantly to play that role, but his mate had always been the type to ignore the social norms and stereotypes.
Sofi was most like her mother.
"I can't protect you if you're so far away" Micky once again reached out his hand, pleading with his eyes for her to take it and forget about her silly dream.
An agent of shadows? She wanted to be a spy and assassin sworn to protect their leader? Her? An omega? The tips of his lips curved up, ready to laugh at what he dearly hopped was a joke.
Sofi turned her gaze away from him.
"I don't want your protection." She said, shattering her father's aspirations. "I want to find my own"