Chapter 6

At first I couldn't spend a minute in the water because I was freaking freezing. But then I got used to it and now I can spend a million hours in here.

It's six in the morning and here I am, deep underwater. I don't know how I am able to hold my breath for so long but then again here I am ten minutes in.

Resurfacing from beneath the waters, I wipe my face and try to keep my head out. My mind floats back to yesterday night. And not when I was busy preparing my speech but when I received a call from Thor's twin, Adrian.

I too don't know how he got hold of my numbers but he did and we spent hours talking over the phone. The way he chuckled when I insulted him made my stomach flip which is something I despise the most.

As if that wasn't enough, my stomach at this moment decides to do a serious flip, making me more nauseous. Only one way to fix this, I hold my breath and disappear deep into the water again.

With my eyes closed and me blending in with the water, a face appears in my mind. It almost felt like I was looking straight at him and I stupidly opened my eyes and forgot to hold my breath which lead to the water penetrating my insides. My head resurfaces from the water and I swim offshore to the pathway while coughing my whole insides out.

Once I bring myself out of the water, I throw my whole body on the cold wood. I never thought in a million years since I've started this that I will choke on water because of some stupid Thor twin. It takes a few minutes before I am able to catch my breath and breathe normally.

With that out of the way, I start to undress the wet clothes and wear what I came here with and start heading towards the bus stop.

——————————

"Well well well, look who it is, Chantara. I thought by now you would be one with your father."  A couple of fake giggles and high fives become heard from behind.

Holding my locker till I hear it making a screech I turn around to face the one girl I despise the most, Rose. "You know I knew that you have a lot of sick tricks up your sleeves but I didn't think you would stoop so low to involve a dead person." I bang my locker and walk past her and her stupid minions and their boyfriends. Before I could get to art class, a ballon full of slimy red liquid bursts on my hair.

The learners standing in the hallway start laughing. I turn around to look at the perpetrator and she has a victorious smile on her face and waves at me. Phones are out and people start taking shots.

Breathe Chantara
Breathe

Closing my eyes, I take in a deep breath and try to not slam Rose into one of the lockers.

I change my direction from towards art class to towards the tap. Along the way there are a lot of laughs and pointing. See why I can't wait to get out of this hellhole?

I reach the outside tap, open it and start scrambling my hair. I use the shampoo I always carry in my bag to remove the stickiness and coloring. Satisfied with my job, I remove the large-sized Jersey I was wearing and dry my hair with it. I then head inside the school, towards my locker. Most of the learners were already in class so I didn't get any trouble on the way.

Ever since the pranks started, I stopped putting my books in my locker. You will mostly find combs, stickers, pencils and just normal stuff except for my shampoo since last time I put it in there, I had to walk around with pink hair.

After combing my hair the bell rings motioning that it was the first period.

I shut the locker and head towards art class with no interruptions this time.

——————-

"Good morning artists, I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are ready to work." The class bursts into a series of cheers, if you thought art classes were quiet start thinking again. "So for this month's project, I want you to get in deep with your inner self. I want to feel your emotions the second I look at your artwork. I know you might think that is what you've always been doing but it was not. This is different and you will see how right I am. You may start now with a rough draft." Mr Xavier finishes and walks behind his desk to start painting too.

His teaching style is really different. He always asks us to paint something and he will paint the same thing so that we would realize our mistakes and also learn that we aren't always expected to paint the exact thing and that there is the reason why we are said to be unique.

With the painting brush in my hand, I take in the paints before me. After I am done, I look at the blank canvas before me. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I dip the painting brush into the blue paint and start working. I've always been anxious every time I'm about to paint. Not because I don't know how to but because I feel like I'm giving people access to my life, emotions and thoughts. Art teachers and lovers are almost like therapists. They catch the smallest things and ask you about them just to break down all the walls you've built.

"This is the first time I've seen you paint a face portrait and actually let out the emotions I've wanted to see all the years I've taught you. And I think you left a black dot just below his lips." He smiles at me and continues to move across the room.

Confused with what he just said, I look back at my painting and my heart almost stops. Deep dark forest eyes, short curled black hair and slight pink lips, I realize instantly whom I just painted....

Thor's twin.

Time to cringe.
————————

Since my cover of leaving the school premises was blown, I have no choice but to eat in the same room as Rose and Jacob, the school's 'It couple'. Yep, Jacob dated Rose shortly after my accident with him. I wish I would feel a pang on my heart but then I feel nothing- just emptiness. One might think that would hurt me but it doesn't, it comes with my dilemma. Once it passes by, there is no going back.

I got six slices of pizza - the whole pizza actually, you should've seen the look the cafeteria lady gave me- and a medium sized coke. I paid with my money and there were a lot of boxes so anyone can buy anything. I wish they had some sort of dessert but that only happens on Wednesdays.

I find an empty spot at the end of the room and walk over to it. You know the stares that celebrities get when they walk in a room, that is what I'm getting. Special treatment, nothing beats that, I mean I feel important that you would stop eating good food just to look at me. I know I am no celebrity but rather an outcast but still, the importance in that is really great. Sitting down, I start to eat in peace until my phone vibrates and the caller id says mom.

With a huge sigh I answer the call, "Yes?"

"That is no way to greet your mother after you haven't spoken or seen her for a month." She says over the phone in a very b to the itchy attitude.

"What do you want? I am actually in the middle of something."

"I just wanted to tell you that I am at home and was wondering what you would like for dinner." Don't be fooled and think she is actually trying to be there for me because this is one of her ways of telling me that we will be having a guest so I better have some cash to book a room at a hotel.

"I have my card so you can send the money to my account since I don't have enough on me."

"That is sad, I thought you were going to be able to spend time with us. Don't worry, I will leave you a dish. Now you go and study with your friends but don't sleep late." She then cuts the call. Told you.

I'm sure she has another male celebrity over and wants to seem as a fit mother. This has always been her oldest trick I had to learn after our second move. She calls while the guy is next to her and actually sounds like she is caring and all of those things that real mothers do then it would end with me being busy or something.

Finishing my pizza, I stand up and walk out of the room to my maths class. This is going to be a long day.