Chapter three

Aidan's POV:

I got to school a few minutes early and hurried to Curry's locker, insistent on catching him before class. When I finally turned the corner of the hallway his locker is in I saw him pulling out books and trying to not cause an avalanche with all the things he had packed in there. I decided to lean back on the wall behind me and watch this disaster of a scene unfold. I could tell the moment his science textbook slid forward, that the precarious setup he had was about to fall apart, and boy was I right. He ended up flat on his ass covered in worksheets, textbooks, random clothes, and some type of packaged food that looked and smelled like it was older than he himself was.

I couldn't help it.

I busted out laughing.

Like the full on laughing that has you on the ground clutching your stomach with tears in your eyes laughing.

I saw Curry whip his head towards me, blushing bright red from the tips of his ears to the round of his shoulders. The look of pure, unadulterated embarrassment on his face.

"W-what are y-you doing here?!?!" Curry yelled in a voice one to many octaves above his normal range, causing me to laugh even harder than before. Somehow Curry managed to get even redder at the sound of his voice, he scrambled up and started to hastily gather his things, shoving them into his locker.

"P-please, that was s-s-so funny" I gasp out in between breaks of laughter.

Curry spun around still red faced and pointed his finger at me, "STOP LAUGHING IT'S NOT THAT FUNNY!"

"YES, IT REALLY IS!" I yelled back, trying to gather myself together and stand up. When I finally manage to stop sounding and looking like a walrus having a stroke I walk over to Curry. "Ok ok chill" I chuckled, raising my hands in surrender.

Curry huffs and turns back around to lock his locker and pick up his bag from the floor where it fell. "Did you need something? Or are you just here to laugh at me?" He says in a mocking tone.

"Actually I do have a question for you, but seeing you fall on your ass was a huge bonus" I say, smirking and lowering my hands back into my pockets.

"Well what is it then?" He says, leaning back onto his locker.

"Give me your number" I state, handing him my phone.

"Ack! W-what!?" Curry squeaks, the red rushing right back into his face.

That's when I realized the implications of what I just said and the fact that I provided zero context as to why I wanted his number in the first place. Waving my arms around and pink coloring my cheeks, I hurry to explain, "I-I need it for w-when I set up a d-date to tutor you on."

Curry seems to slightly relax at this, but his face is still a cherry tomato red. "O-oh ok, yeah sure," he takes the outstretched phone and quickly types in his contact information. "Sorry about that I just kinda... well you know," Curry says, rubbing the back of his neck in a nervous gesture.

"It's fine and uh, yeah I get it."

I totally don't fucking get it.

"Well I have to get to class before the bell rings..." I trail off, turning around and speed walking away, not waiting for a response. I slip into the bathroom and lock myself in a stall, sliding down the door covering my burning face with my hands, 'Holy shit, what just happened!?!?'

*Time skip*

It was Saturday when I finally decided that I should set up another tutoring session with Curry. We had been texting each other off and on throughout the week so it wasn't awkward or anything to set up. It was going to be later today at his house since he had a basketball hoop that we could use during breaks from studying.