𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 ↬ 𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶'𝚂 𝙶𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙰 𝙶𝙸𝚅𝙴

Start from the beginning

The motion of the scene slowed, like this coming of age movie that became a reminder that life was indefinitely filled with these little moments of spontaneity. My sorority sisters began to chant my name encouragingly, Kelsey shaking me by the shoulders.

"Breathe!" Cassidy had laughed, smiling at me before I screwed my eyes closed, taking in the deepest breath.

Holding it in as I comically puffed my cheeks, as Rocky Balboa would, I lunged to the left, finally gaining the willpower to get out of the cooper. I instinctively made a leap to run silently over the lawn before I had froze at the sound of hissing water from beneath my sneakers.

"Oh fuck!" I turned back around to the girls who had hung over the rolled down windows.

"What? What is it?" Cassidy whispered in wonder.

"The sprinklers! Oh!" I held in a squeal from leaving me as the sprinklers on the grass had collectively turned on, soaking me and all my clothes as I screwed my eyes closed, feeling my mascara start to run.

"Sorry!" Cassidy whispered in a hushed tone. "Automatic sprinklers, I forgot that well... Minor detail. Shit, are you okay?" She had canned laughter, making me grunt softly.

"You guys, I don't know about this, I think--"

"October, you are literally halfway in, there's no turning back now." The dark haired girl sternly iterated.

"That's what she said. No seriously, just get it over with October! You've got this." Kelsey said, dismissing the that's what she said joke that had been forthcoming. This was clearly not the time to make jokes.

"Fine." I breathed out in defeat, running my fingers through my wet hair as I swung my arms by my sides, hoping the doubt that I could actually pull this off would subside before I made my way up the wooden garden roof.

Turning back around, I had quietly tip-toed to the edge of the tall and painted white structure. Stepping on the ledge at the bottom, I began my climb quite tentatively. Before I had made it to the top, I slightly wobbled, gasping softly when I realized I had been higher up off the ground way more than I thought.

"Oh fuck, she made it up you guys! She actually--"

"Shh!" I vigorously waved a hand at Kelsey in the car who spoke a little too loudly.

I actually made it the window. I, October Stevens, was going to pull off mission: impossible. This was it.

Shaking my head, I dismissed the subconscious thought before I slowly clasp onto the end of the window, another hand on the window pane to keep myself balanced on the wooden roof that slightly tilted from side to side.

As soon as I open the window, I peer inside, seeing a bed with blue comforters in the corner and posters of these vintage rock bands that scattered the wall.

"Woah." I rose my eyebrows at the sight of a pile of clothes that scattered the creme carpet floor with a bunch of clothes. "Okay," I murmured to myself, sighing in relief at the fact that Luke's room was clear. Straddling the wall, I ducked, swinging into the room swiftly as I stumbled into the bedroom, getting an angled look at the green electric guitar that sat on a stand at the left corner of the room. "Huh." I said softly, before turning around, dripping trickling droplets from my bleached hair onto the carpet accidentally.

I had walked over beside the bed, making a nosedive for the clothes that scattered the carpet floor, digging into the clothing hastily in hopes that I'd find those damn boxer shorts. "Shirt, jeans, jeans, sock, beanie," I quietly muttered to myself, tossing each item of clothing that weren't the boxers over my head and behind me. "Oh come on--"

I gasped, holding a hand over my mouth quickly at the sound of the door swinging open as my eyes widened at the sight of Luke nearly eating this brunette girl's face out, making out with her while he lead her into the room with an arm snaked around her waist. Luckily while the girl had walked backwards completely unaware of my presence, both their eyes were closed so I took that moment to nope, not panic, but actually hide.

I stopped, and rolled my body underneath the bed where there were more clothes scattered. "Really?" I mouthed to myself, now taking this opportunity to internally panic, as I uncomfortably squirmed upward at the sound of the horny college kids moaning.

Boxer shorts, come on... How hard could it possibly be to find them in a frat-boy's room? Something's gotta give.

I stopped moving around at the sensation of a cotton band swiveling onto the top of my head as my eyes widened, startled completely. I jolted up from shock that my head ended up thumping the back end of the mattress.

At the pressure, the sound of kissing from above the bed ceased to a silence.

"What the hell?" I hear a light voice come from the unknown female.

Freezing in place, shuffling comes from the mattress, a head of gelled blonde hair peaking from beside me.

"October?" Luke gaped at me, a look of utter confusion on his face. He had nearly fell over from laughter at the sight of boxer shorts on the top of my head as I felt my face heat from embarrassment.

"This probably looks pretty bad, but I can explain." I said slowly, Luke smirking as his blue eyes twinkled. I had taken the boxer shorts off from my head, pursing my lips.

"Candace, out, babe." I hear him say to the girl as I had laid in my place, inhaling before I blew raspberries.

"Dammit." I mumbled.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。