𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜

Start from the beginning

I couldn't sit there anymore, "I'll see you guys later." I tried to keep my tone as light as possible putting all my belongings back into my bag.

"you're leaving so soon?" y/n asked staring up at me sadly.

god, don't look at me with eyes like that.

"I have things I need to go handle, good luck on your date talk later." I responded patting her on the back only to hear a soft "okay." as I walked away.

when I stepped out and let the heat beat down on my skin I took a couple of deep inhales, if this was me a while back I would have simply called another girl up and fucked and been done. I wouldn't have cared about the consequence or if it left another heartbroken at my lack of attachment to them but I couldn't even persuade myself to pull that shit right now even if I tried.

I sat at the fountain in the courtyard, the last time I had sat here it was the night I exposed all the things I and y/n had done; thinking back to it I could have been with her if I hadn't made so many mistakes and only cared about having fun. I sat and watched all the students walking with their friends, lovers, and more in the courtyard.

I felt a hand slap me on the back only to turn around to see suko, it had been almost 2 months since I had last seen her and she was tremendously different.

her previously long and jet black hair was cut just above her ear and dyed in a deep blood orange-red, her makeup was earthy and dark.

"Nice to see you're okay eren." even her voice was different and her concern seemed genuine.

I was having trouble mustering up the words to respond, I could only stare.

"damn I know I said some horrible things the last time I saw you but say hi at least?"

"Sorry you're just different now, trying to process it I guess," I responded eyeing her up and down.

"yeah I decided I needed a change, you know what they say the past lives in your hair so chop it off when it's done and over with." she tried to speak in a playful tone but quickly backed down after I didn't care to laugh.

she silently stood in front of me before speaking up again, "I won't bother you again as I promised, I just wanted to see you and say I'm glad you're back and better. I'd like for us to start over one day and be friends but I know that day won't come until you're ready. I hope you know I really do hate myself for what I said to you that night and if I contributed to your o-,"

I quickly stopped her, "it wasn't you, I was unwell before you ever came along or back suko. that night wasn't intentional and I accept the apology, I said fucked up things too that weren't deserved. I'd like to be friends again too with time." I stood up reaching my hand out for her to shake it.

we briefly shook hands but I could hear my name being called out, it was y/n's voice. I quickly retracted my hand as she got closer only to her speak once again in the most removed tone, "oh. sorry for interrupting."

suko tried to cut in and defend me as y/n backed away and damn near sprinted away from the both of us.

I cursed in my head, did she think I was trying to get at suko again?