Chapter 26🦋

Even when you're not in my presence I still feel butterflies when I think of you 🦋

Yelena's POV:

"Are you okay you look um confused?" The tall lady asked. "Yeah I'm fine something just came up." I lied. "I also need you to fill out this form." She said and handed me a pen and piece of paper. The piece of paper was just the usual stuff like my address, birth date, full name, age and all that boring jazz. "I never asked, but what's your name?" I asked the tall lady. "Oh me, my name is ZADERA." She said loud and clear. "That's a nice name I'm Yelena." I said and held out my hand for her to shake. She just looked at me weirdly and fist bumped me. "Little girl that's very tall you can call me Dera pronounced Dare-rah." She said now calmly. "Zadera sounds cooler though." I replied cooly. "Dera sounds cooler though." She said in a mocking tone. 'How can one go from an old wise lady to a sassy thirteen year old?' My inner voice said. (If you don't like Zadera you're a twat!) "Whatever you say. I think I'm going to go to bed." I said and grabbed my room keys. "Goodnight!" She exclaimed and clasped her hands together. 'She's kind of weird to be honest.' My inner voice said. At least she isn't a homophobic straight lady, I defended. I somehow found comfort in this old lady who smokes. 'You just have mummy issues darling.' My inner voice argued with emphasis on mummy issues. I like Y/N why in heavens Earth would I like Zadera? I questioned my inner voice. The air was misty and cold. This atmosphere was different from Marley's huge friendly city. The motel seemed deserted just like the one from Psycho. I hope I don't get murdered tonight! It was late enough no need for random thoughts. I walked faster and unlocked my door. I threw my backpack down onto the floor and flopped onto the ugly bedsheets. Ouch this was harder than expected. How can a bed be so hard? Someone answer me? I crawled underneath the covers and tried my best to sleep on the hard ass bed. Eventually I felt myself falling into slumber.

*Time-skip brought to you by MILFS*

I woke up with the morning gloominess coming through the window and I felt colder. I pulled the covers up to my face. Ugh I have lectures today. I slowly began to remove the bed covers and only to realise I wasn't in my bed. I wasn't at the dorms. And I was no where near home. I looked at my side table in search of an alarm clock, but nothing was there. Wait I think I have my smartwatch somewhere in my bag. I flipped my covers off again and searched through my small grey backpack. It was freezing. It was probably below freezing point. Marley wasn't this cold! I hadn't packed anything for this weather and more importantly I hadn't packed a lot. Maybe I could buy some clothes. I'll take a shower and go buy clothes right now. I checked my smartwatch and it revealed the time. Which was 10:30 in the morning. Hmph malls would be open by now. I took a quick shower and sprayed some of the perfume I brought along with. I hope I didn't smell too bad. My outfit wasn't the most ideal thing to be wearing in this weather considering it was what I was wearing at Sasha's apartment. I wrapped my arms around myself and walked in the coldness. I clutched my wallet in my hand tightly. Oh shit I need an umbrella it may rain. After all the clouds were grey and overcast. I quickly went to reception and lucky me there were a bunch of umbrellas. "Morning Yelena." Zadera waved from the main desk. "Morning Dera." I said and waved at her. "You're wearing that again?" She questioned with ever so slight disgust in her voice. "Yes." I said and raised an eyebrow. "You didn't bring any clothes did you." She said and rolled her eyes. "Well yes, but no." I said nervously. "So you're going to buy some at that dead unfashionable mall?" She questioned. "How do you know?" I asked in slight shock. "You obviously brought no clothes with you and you're clutching your wallet as if it could run." She said monotonously. "Fair enough." I sighed. "Do you want me to lend you some clothes?" She offered. "No I'll just go buy some now." I politely declined. "How about this, I lend you an outfit or two and you go buy clothes when you're properly clothed for the weather." She said. "That's a good deal." I said with a small smile on my face. Dera reminded me of a mother or maybe even a grandmother. After all those years without my mother I've really forgotten what it feels like to have a mother. And somehow Dera just generates that energy. 'Mummy issues moment.' My inner voice said. Well my mother wasn't even bad how could I even have mummy issues? 'I said what I said.' My inner voice replied cooly. "Well let's get you dressed." She said enthusiastically. "Where do you live?" I asked. "Right round the corner." She said and lead the way. "So you live here?" I asked whilst gesturing to the motel. "No of course not." She chuckled. "Oh." I said dumbfounded. "It's a separate place and it's way better than any motel I've seen." She said proudly. "Do you have kids?" I randomly asked. "Oh gosh no." She said and held a hand to her chest dramatically. "Just curious." I said. "Do you have kids?" She asked. "No, but if I did I wouldn't run off without them or would I?" I questioned. "Kids change people and lives and just ugh too much. I mean I'd be a bad parent." Dera said as we arrived at her front door. "I think you'd be a great parent and woah your house is ideal." I gasped. "Darling, I have an eye for these things and you don't have to be a suck up." She said and bowed.
Dera's house: