Chapter Forty: Twisted Tales and Horrors

Start from the beginning

Narrow lang ang gap sa malaking gate, but it was enough for me to slip outside. Theo and Wes had a slight problem with their leaner bodies, though they were able to get away with barely a creak on the gate. Thankfully, bago pa kami maabutan ng kung anong monster ay nakalabas na kami sa kastilyo.

Then, I remembered the people who must be entering now. We're a little far from the castle, venturing on a strange path with woods on either side of us. I tugged at Theo's sleeves, trying to get his attention.

"Finn?"

"If we're taking the quest, pa'no ang iba?" tanong ko. "Need to go back to square one?"

Nagkibit-balikat si Theo. "Hindi ko lang alam. Maybe the quest will refresh for them but it didn't for us so maybe it depends on the time gap?"

"O baka ang pagtapos natin sa quest na 'to ay siya ring magkokompleto sa iba." Wes supplied. "However, that's impossible since the others won't be displaying their understanding of the quest. Siguradong babalik ulit sila sa una."

I nodded. I see, I understand it now. I presume the quest will only be completed for those who have contributed greatly in the said challenge. Kagaya nito ngayon, the three of us are trying to complete it, which means when we do, kaming tatlo lang ang makaka-proceed.

Tinitigan ko si Wes. Kung siya ang sumunod sa'kin, siguradong iniwan niya si Marcella. Which is quite weird to witness since he acts like her bodyguard sometimes, or a right-hand man.

"Marcella?"

Kumunot ang noo ni Wes na parang hindi niya naintindihan ang sinabi ko. Then, his face lightened up before he shrugged.

"Nakalimutan ko."

What would Marcella say if her right-hand person ever said he left her because he forgot?

"Stop." Theo warned, making us halt immediately. His eyes are narrowed and darting around the place. "Something's here."

Dahil sa sinabi ni Theo ay pinakiramdaman ko rin ang paligid. True enough, my mind was alerting me that danger is close. I could sense them, count the number of predators and find out how close they were.

Tumango si Wes. "They must be the wolves. They also stopped Belle from leaving once. Aatakehin nila ang kung sino mang dadaan dito."

"Should we fight them off?"

"How many can you sense?"

"Seven." sagot ko. "Four on the west and three on the east."

"Okay. I'll take care of them."

We were both surprised at Wes' sudden display of confidence and strength. I stayed rooted on my spot, fixing my eyes on front in case of any ambushed attack. Biglang nagrelax si Theo, shoulders slumping to their usual tiredness.

Speaking of, the only times I see Theo energized are when he's with me. Mas lumalakas ang lazy aura na pinapakita niya kapag kasama si Sapphire.

Maybe that's why Theo could finish cities in a whim, he's too lazy to over complicate things.

The wolves bared their teeth, slowly walking out of the trees to circle us. Hindi sila umatake makalipas ang ilang minuto kaya paniguradong may hinihintay silang movement. Wes seemed to be having the same thoughts because he took three steps forwards, passing by a slightly tall rock.

The reaction was instantaneous. It was clear that they have the same order of code, to attack in a similar jumping manner whenever a player passes the rock. Wes was quick to knock them all down, focusing on the wolves' pressure points or snapping their heads to the side.