"Izuku can take you dress shopping." She smirked at me like she was doing me some sort of favour.

Emery finally made eye contact with me then pulled Mina into the back. They started whispering to each other and I sat down at one of the stools.

"You shouldn't get so attached to him," Emery whispered, "He isn't your friend nor is he mine. You should enjoy the moment until it leaves just as quick as it came."

"Oh come on Em, he's nice. Give him a chance. If he fucks you over again you can kill both him and me."

They muttered a few more things before walking back out. Emery got a latte and handed it to me, "4 o'clock. If you're any later I'm not going."

I handed her money in exchange, "Yes ma'am."

Just as I was about to walk out she called my name.

"This is 15 dollars extra." She stated.

"I know. I promised didn't I?"

-

I was at her apartment by 3:30.

Mina let me stay on their couch while I waited for Emery. They were both in her room while I admired their home decor.

Mina told Emery I was here but she didn't look at me, nor greet me in any way shape or form.

It's not like I expected her to. She didn't owe me anything. She'd only seen what I'd done from her point of view of course I was gonna look like the villain.

She wasn't all confident and intimidating as she put on. It was just an act she had to protect herself.

All of my friends have seen Emery but they hadn't really seen her. I knew it and she did too.

That's why I liked when she was sleeping. That was the only moment when her face was completely resting and I got to see the girl I'd fallen in love with once more.

Emery acted like everything around her stupid and pointless but in reality, she enjoyed and admired things. I got to see a little bit of that last week.

If there was one thing I knew about her is that she didn't know how to do laundry. Before she met me she'd ask one of her dad's assistants to do it for her.

So when she asked if she could 'wash' my clothes I knew I wasn't getting them back.

"Come on, let's get this over with," Emery said, walking out of her room.

Her hair was in an afro again and her edges were laid. She had my hoodie on with baggy jeans and fishnets under it.

We said our goodbyes to Mina and walked out of the apartment. As soon as we walked onto the concrete I saw Emery's eyes automatically start scanning the world around us.

She saw this place every day and yet she looked at it like she'd never been here before. I wonder how she'd viewed this place when she first moved. The light in her eyes I was seeing now probably hasn't changed since.

"Just so you know," She turned to me, "I'm doing this for Mina, not because I want to go to your stupid friend's party."

"I'm well aware," I replied.