chapter forty one

chapter forty one - july, 1985

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alex and Eleven were lying on the floor together, screaming in pain as they sobbed while holding each others hands. The blonde's hair had fallen out of its braids and was messy with bits of blood and muck in it.

"What is that?" Erica asked, staring at the two girls' legs as they saw something move again.

"There's something in there," Jonathon said as Alex sobbed and shook her head.

"No!" she yelled as Mike held her hand.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin said staring at the two girls.

"Keep them talking," Jonathon instructed, "keep them awake, okay? Nancy, come with me." The two got up and ran off as Alex and Eleven sobbed.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin repeated. 

"Hey, hey, hey," Mike said, stroking Alex's blonde hair as she opened her eyes and looked at him, "stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side, on this side." The large group held moved Alex and Eleven so the blonde was sitting in between Mike's legs, leaning on his chest while Eleven was doing the same with Will. Alex whimpered as she held onto Eleven's hand. "Easy, easy, easy, easy."

"It's, uh. . . . you know, it's not actually that bad," Robin said, trying to help calm the girls down, "there was a. . . . the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Everyone stared at her like she was insane as Alex and Eleven sobbed.

"Robin," Steve said as Robin turned to him, clearly terrified.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"You're not helping," he said as Robin nodded.

"I'm sorry," she said, just as Jonathon and Nancy came running back. Both of them were holding a sharp knife, a pair of gloves and a wooden spoon each.

"Okay. All right, Alex and El?" he asked as he and Nancy were sitting on their knees by the two girls' feet. " This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay," Eleven sobbed as Alex nodded.

"We need you to stay real still," Nancy said as she put on a pair of gloves. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" She and Jonathon handed Will and Mike the wooden spoons and they put them in Alex and El's mouth.

"Jesus Christ," Dustin said as the two girls whimpered in pain as they bit onto the spoon.

"Holy shit. Holy shit," Dustin said as Nancy and Jonathon readied the knife. Nancy was crouching over Eleven's leg and Jonathon was over Alex's leg as the blonde held onto Eleven's hand tightly. The two older teens looked at Will and Mike who nodded.

"Do it," they said together as Jonathon and Nancy looked at each other.

"Okay," they said as Dustin began murmuring uncomfortably. As the knife began slicing the two girls legs, they let out a muffled scream as Alex shut her eyes. They slit the knife down the cuts as Alex sobbed. 

"Oh, shit," Dustin said as Jonathon and Nancy, who were looking ready to be sick, finished slicing their legs open. Once they had slit the cut open, they dropped the knife to the floor before sticking their fingers in their legs, trying to pull out whatever was inside. The two girls screeched in pain as Alex held onto Mike's hand. The groups explained in horror as they watched as Jonathon and Nancy wiggled their fingers around, trying to find whatever it was, but they were having no luck.