Twenty One

a quite traumatizing event happened to me recently that prevented me from updating, but here i am!!

"that's crazy!"

huening kai scrambled upon his room, ruffling his hair in frustration and messing up the pillows and covers on his bed. "to think we only just started dating?" he scoffed.

kai plopped down on his bed and heaved out a long stressful sigh, "they're going to come up with the same lame excuse again. every damn time." he rolled his eyes.

it's stupid, really. to cover up every single scandal, they'd release a statement that says something along the lines of "due to health issues...." bla bla bla. "health issues my ass. i'm completely healthy." kai muttered.

the male groaned as he reached for his phone, coming to the conclusion that calling the female is the most suitable solution.

"the number you're calling does not exist."

kai looked at his phone for a couple seconds before bursting into laughter, then into low sobs, then into cries, "they really made her change her number so she wouldn't contact me in secret, huh?" he asked himself.

the entertainment industry is a dark place, indeed. it was almost as if idols are merely treated like money-making slaves by the agencies; enslaved for people's entertainments.

ironic, perhaps.

kai felt a lingering uncomfortable feeling in his chest; emptiness? anger? sadness? fear? he couldn't quite put his finger on it, but one thing's for sure: he hated it.

the male tried everything to get his mind off of whatever is happening, but couldn't. the only solution was to meet yuna again. his mind was on yuna and yuna only.

that is why that night, when the clock strikes 12, kai snuck out of his bedroom, creeping his way to the front door, careful not to make any sounds that could possibly wake the others up. just as kai was about to turn the lock and escape, someone cleared their throats from behind him.

"fuck i'm screwed." kai thought.

the young male idol turned around with a sheepish smile to face a soobin who had a questioning look on his face, "and where do you think you're going?" he asked.

kai laughed nervously and tried to come up with a lie. although, his answer sounded more like a question, "taking a walk?" he replied, sounding unsure.

soobin rolled his eyes, "taking a walk, my ass. don't lie to me, kai. you're being a terrible liar." he stated in a matter of factly.

the younger sighed as he realized there's no way out of this, and decided to tell the truth, "i'm going out to see someone, okay?" he sighed at last. soobin laughed, "who? your girlfriend?" he asked half-jokingly, taken aback when kai nodded.

"you finally asked her out?" soobin gasped, earning another nod from kai.

"i heard your shoot got cancelled. does this have anything to do with you and her dating?" he asked, earning a bitter smile from kai, "why do you think i'm sneaking out this late?" he asked.

soobin nodded his head in understanding, "touche," he stated simply.

"and? how do you plan on reaching her? did you call or text her beforehand?" soobin asked. kai shook his head which made soobin facepalm, "kai what the fuck—"

"i tried, okay?? it says her number didn't exist. i can't believe they would go as far as forcing her to change her number. it's not like the public knows or anything." kai rolled his eyes, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"man.. that sucks." soobin sighed. kai nodded enthusiastically in agreement before asking, "so," he started. "are you going to let me go or not?" he asked.

soobin looked at him reluctantly before nodding softly, "fine. but if you get caught it isn't my fault. i tried to stop you." he said. kai smiled widely and engulfed the leader in a large hug, which made soobin push him away, "what the fuck man i can't breath!" he protested, earning a giggle from kai.

the male wore his mask and hoodie and left the dorms. yes, he looked like someone who is involved in very suspicious activities like bombing a car or some shit, but kai couldn't be bothered with that at the moment.

then it hit him.

he doesn't know where yuna lives whatsoever, now where does he have go? seoul is a big city, there are countless of possibilities of where yuna might be. judging by the fact that it's 12am in the morning, the female could only be in two places; the jyp practice room, or the itzy dormitory.

the male looked frustrated as he knew that he would get kicked out if he enters the jyp building— they'd make him remove his mask and once they see he's txt's huening kai, they'd kick him out.

all hopes were lost as kai sat down on a nearby bench near the jyp building. the male sighed as he removed his mask to get a drink of water. he had been outside for ages, and needed something to drink.

just as he was about to drink, a voice interrupted him from doing so.

"are you... huening kai from txt?" the voice asked.

"that's it. i'm screwed, aren't i?" kai thought as he suspected the unfamiliar female voice to be some random person who just happens to recognize him— or a fan, perhaps.

sighing, kai looked up to see a beautiful but fierce looking female standing in front of him.

finally analyzing her features, kai gasped as he recognized the said girl, "you're..."

"shin ryujin? yuna's bandmate!"

—end  of chapter twenty one
ryujin to the rescue bestiee