16.

Rushing out to the huge commotion that was in the living room, they bumped into Yuumi and Jisung whom quickly hid behind them.

     Wondering what had gotten them so frightened up, (M/N) looked up and was instantly pushed onto the ground by a huge force that was his best friend. Pushing against the youngers shoulders with much effort to get his mouth that was trying to bite him away, he stared into the younger's hollow eyes. There were no emotions in them, only hunger and insanity, much like a feral animal that had lost all sense of remorse.

"Jinwoo! Snap out of it!": he easily filpped them around and pinned the younger onto the ground.

     Entering a state where the brain had lost a fight with the hunger for rage, the younger clawed at (M/N)'s arms and neck, not planning to back down.

     Having no other choice, (M/N) wrapped his hand around his friend's neck and began to slowly tighten the grip around the vital area second by second. His other hand pushed against his shoulder to try and keep him down. The rough stratches that he left against his neck and arms were bright red and some were beginning to draw blood but he couldn't pull away.

"10 seconds, if he doesn't stop,": he paused, scared to even say it out but he had to, for the safety of everyone here. "Shoot him.": he told Doyoung and Jaehyun whom were beside him, keeping a distance.

"C'mon Woo! Wake the fuck up!": he yelled as tears of fear begin to rise in his eyes, afraid of losing his friend's life that he had forcefully taken away from him.

"4...5...6...7...": he counted in his head, grip tightening with every second.

     By the ninth second, the younger's arm abruptly dropped as they fell to the ground as his eyes closed. Signs of struggle stopping altogether. Seeing this, (M/N)'s hands immediately released from the younger's neck before moving away.

"Jaemin, I might need an explanation as to what happened to him.": he told the younger before picking up his friend to place him on the bed in a room to rest.

"I'll continue my research then.": the younger replied before retreating back to his makeshift research room.

     Walking out and closing the door behind him, (M/N) looked up to see Taeyong, Jaehyun, Johnny, Mark, Yuta and Doyoung seated on the couch whilst looking at him with curious looks. He knew they deserve an explanation as to why his friend who was seemingly cured, to suddenly burst into insanity.

"Where did the rest go?": he started off simple whilst slowly approaching them.

"To bed, poor kids look drained and stressed.": Taeyong said, already warming up to the newcomers.

"(M/N), we might need some answers.": Johnny cut straight to the point.

     (M/N) heaved out a sigh before seating himself down on the couch beside Doyoung, already preparing a small script inside his head.

"To be honest, I don't know much. All me and Jaemin know for now is that my blood is immune to the virus. It was able to cure Jinwoo but not fully as it was weak against the virus when transffered to another body.": he explained as clearly as he can.

"By not fully healed, you mean it might be the cause of his outburst just now?": the oldest asked.

"Most probably."

"How many times is this going to happen?": Taeyong asked with worry

"If it could happen once, its most likely going to happen again.": Doyoung said. "The way he acted was almost like the old seargent that people would always talk about. After the war, the horror on the battlefields drove him to insanity that when he woke up after recovery, he would always have this sudden outburst of violence, attacking everyone and almost bitting off a soldiers ear.": he described. "I don't know, but it just felt similar."