"Je peux dessiner quelque chose pour vous aussi! Qu'est-ce que tu voudrais, papa?"- she chirped happily and I smiled, gentry kissing her forehead. (I can draw something for you too! What would you like, daddy?) 

"Un papillon dans votre couleur préférée."- I replied and she nodded, eagerly heading back to her room to draw it. (A butterfly in your favourite colour.) 

"She can draw for hours, especially butterflies. Our study is filled with those masterpieces."- stated with a smile Mathew as I grinned, being so glad that my sweetheart is so passionate about something. 

"Also, something tells me that we won't be hearing English from her any time soon."- chuckled Winston as we laughed wholeheartedly. 

"Each of you also spoke French until the age of 7, even though you knew English very well."- I told them with a smile, cherishing memories of my perfect kids. 

We relocated to the living room and conversed happily there until they had to answer a few calls. I went to check on my little girl meanwhile. 

She told me about what she likes about butterflies, we played with Biscuit and collected puzzles for a while until she got in my arms, hiding in my vigilant embrace. 

"Pourquoi as-tu arrêté de venir me voir, papa? C'était tellement mauvais là-bas sans vous. Tu m'as tellement manqué."- almsot whispered Genevieve, blinking away tears, and my heart shattered in billion pieces. (Why did you stop coming to me, daddy? It was so bad there without you. I missed you so much.) 

"Je suis désolé, mon amour. Je suis désolé de ne pas venir vous dire. Je l'ai fait pour vous protéger, vous et votre frère. Je sais qu'il est difficile de croire que c'était pour le mieux, mais c'était le cas."- I said profoundly, holding her in my protective, adoring embrace, blinking away my own tears. (I am sorry, my love. I am so sorry for not coming to you. I did it to protect you and your brother. I know it's hard to believe that it was for the best, but it was.)

She didn't deserve it. Any of it - the abuse, malnutrition, pain, hurt, loneliness, lack of love and tenderness. She is innocent soul that got tangled in this mess. My sons suffered just as unjustly and I will forever be making up for the caused. 

My children didn't deserve any of it and yet they became so strong, so intelligent, so beautiful and so incredible. I am exceedingly proud to be their father and to stand by their side now. I will protect them with everything I am and have. 

We are a family and it will forever be this way. 

"Ne pleure pas, mon petit papillon. Tout va bien maintenant. Je ne vous quitterai jamais, vous et vos frères. Je suis ici pour toujours."- I spoke genuinely, kissing her temple tendent as she cried on my shoulder, hugging me securely. (Don't cry, my little butterfly. Everything is okay now. I am will never ever leave you and your brothers. I am right here forever.) 

"Shh, ça va, ma belle fille. C'est bon."- I cooed her warmly, rubbing her back tenderly as she slowly calmed down, nuzzling into me. (Shh, it's okay, my beautiful daughter. It's okay.) 

Moments ticked by and my angel relaxed, smiling cutely at me. I kissed her forehead and gently wiped away stains of tears off her small cheeks that look so winsome and bonny. 

"Is anyone up for cartoons with mangoes and coconut chips?"- wondered my boys, popping up in the room, and we wholeheartedly laughed when Genevieve chirped "oui" before dashing to the living room.

We followed our small sweetness and settled on the big sofa, cuddling, laughing, snacking and chatting ecstatically. Cartoons about princesses and fairies played, soon becoming background noises, as we played together, having pure blast. 

"Nous vous trouverons, princesse. Vous n'allez pas nous cacher."- stated Mathew happily as we are playing hide and seek, searching for our tiny treasure. (We will find you, princess. You are not going to hide from us.) 

I peered in the kitchen and smiled as tiny feet in pink socks poked from behind island. God, she is the cutest little bean. 

"Vous avez, ma petite douceur."- I spoke with a smile, scooping her petite self in my arms, twirling her around as she giggled mellifluously. (Got you, my little sweetness.)

I peppered her gorgeous little face with gentle kissers smiling as she eagerly gave me the same treatment, hugging me securely. 

"Hé, nous voulons aussi des câlins."- stated Ares as my perfect sons came to us. (Hey, we want hugs too.) 

"Je vous aime tous tellement."- I said from the bottom of my heart, hugging my precious little beans tightly as they held me just as securely. (I love all of you so much.)

"Nous t'aimons plus que quiconque et tout, papa."- spoke Mathew as they confirmed it, making my heart soar in delight and tranquility. (We love you more than anyone and anything, dad.) 

After years of separation and pain I am finally home. 

I am finally where I belong and long to be.