[R/D]chapter forty three: reunited.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and yawn, feeling an overwhelming amount of heat on me, i slowly open my eyes and face a fireplace, a rather fancy one too, i feel a weight on my legs, keeping me down.

"Hm...?"
I hum, sitting up and looking at my legs, my heart practically stops when i see three women laying on me...Cassandra and Daniela, and the one i never got the name of.

"...what?"
I mumble, trying to move away, Cassandra yawns, her brown hair falling around her as she opens one of her eyes, meeting with mine. She smiles and yawns, staring at me like im an old friend.

"Welcome back, we've missed you greatly."
Cassandra whispers.

"...why am i here?"
I ask.

"Mother had seen you and the child in the snow as she was returning to the castle, she brought you back and immediately lit a fire."
Cassandra explains.

"...where is Ben?"
I ask.

"Oh, do not worry, he's asleep in your room...!"
Cassandra coos, Daniela opens her eyes and immediately grins, moving closer and hugging me, making the blonde girl fall, she wakes up and sits up from the ground, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh, you've awakened!"
Daniela cheers, fidgeting with her red hair.

"W...why arent you attacking me?"
I ask, they looked confused.

"Why would we harm you..?"
Daniela asks.

"I thought Lady Dimitrescu was mad at me...at the time, i thought she was going to hurt me when i was in the room."
I explain, Cassandra whines and pulls me to her, hugging me tightly.

"We would never! It was that foolish Heisenberg that had made us do so!"
Cassandra explains.

"He had threatened to not leave us alone, he wanted you so he could experiment on you like those hideous Beasts roaming among the Village."
Daniela says.

"We had meant to get you the next day, but Heisenberg had taken you away and refused to give you back!"
The blonde says.

"...you weren't trying to hurt me?"
I ask.

"Never! We consider you family! Mother was especially distraught of losing you...!"
Cassandra says.

"will Ka-...Heisenberg, come after me?"
I ask...what do i call him now? Karl was because i was his friend, but...should i still call him my friend? I want to so badly, but...would he?

"We hope he will not, by how the storm looks, he wouldn't be able to find the castle in this hellish snow storm."
The blonde says.

"You were so cold, we decided that warming you with both the fire and ourselves would be the the best for you..!"
Daniela explains.

"Well...I don't think I have anymore questions."
I say.

"Very good! Now, do you feel alright? You must have been out there for so long..! Mother said you looked as if you were paralyzed, you were completely stiff in the snow..!"
Cassandra says.

"Paralyzed..?"
I mumble...i did feel stuck, but i wasn't out there that long, how could i have been paralyzed after just around ten minutes..?

"Yes, you were freezing cold and wouldn't move! Mother was worried sick of your health...!"
Daniela says.

"She had said she was going to get you less damp clothing, as the snow and ice melted into yours."
The blonde says.

"Well thank you for saving me, but..."
I pause, i should probably go...

...but this is a warm place, Ben would be fine here, or even thrive here...but i don't want to stay, not when Miranda is lurking around.

"...can i see Ben?"
I ask, Cassandra stands up and pulls me up from the sofa, smiling.

"Of course! I'll show you to your room, okay?"
Cassandra says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the stairs.

"I'm still tired..."
Daniela yawns, the blonde nods and they curl up on the sofa.

We go up the stairs and head into a familiar hallway, as we pass Lady Dimitrescu's room, i cant help but feel guilty...she got me in the blizzard..that was probably hard, carrying an adult and a child in harsh snow.

"Here we are, (y/n)!"
Cassandra coos.

I stare at the door to my 'room', where both Ben and bad memories lay...i never thought I'd come back i open the door slowly, revealing Ben sleeping soundly on the bed.

"He's alright.."
I mumble, smiling at the relief.

"I'm going to go back to the fireplace with my sisters, im quite tired as well, until next time, (y/n)!"
Cassandra says, walking away and leaving me.

I slowly walk to the bed, sitting at the foot of it and pulling the sheets over Ben...he looks so peaceful, like we didn't almost die, then again he may not have even known how close we were to death, he could have been asleep by then.

"I told you..everything's okay, just like i promised."
I say.

"He seems peaceful, doesn't he?"
A soft voice says, i quickly turn my head and see Lady Dimitrescu. She looks sad.

"Oh...hi."
I mumble, not really sure what else to say.

She walks in and sits beside me, putting her cold hand on the hand i have over the blanket.

"I apologize for not coming for you..i was powerless to that foolish monsters will, i was deathly afraid he would kill you if i tried to get to you.."
Lady Dimitrescu explains.

"...its okay, i don't blame you."
I say.

"I had come for you once, but i did not find you or Heisenberg...but i had found a vial containing your blood."
Lady Dimitrescu says.

"Oh."
I mumble...the vial..i still wonder what Karl did with it.

"I tried to get you, really i did, but he was refusing to let you out...i was fearing that he may have turned you into one of his horrific experiments."
Lady Dimitrescu says, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry.."
I say...i feel bad that i didn't do anything, she was worried..

"Please do not apologize, you were a hostage, i should not blame you for something you had no control over."
Lady Dimitrescu says.

"...why did you want me to stay in that room? You acted so angry the last time we spoke..i was afraid of you the last time we spoke."
I say.

"..Heisenberg had begun to stalk the castle, i wanted to protect you from him, i didn't think he would..."
Lady Dimitrescu stops speaking, looking at me with a distraught face.

She raises her hand from my hand to my wrist, pulling me to her and hugging me tightly.

"I was worried to death, i hoped you had escaped and that i would find you if i roamed the Village...but in the blizzard, i had hoped the frozen person below me wasn't you...i believed you were dead there...i did not even feel a heartbeat.."
Lady Dimitrescu says...no heartbeat? It was probably just slowed from the cold...maybe that's why i passed out.

She holds me close and lets a shakey sigh out, she feels really cold...did she always feel like this?

"I wont let him take you again, (y/n).."
Lady Dimitrescu says, somehow my blood runs cold at that.

...i don't know what to do anymore...i want to grab Ben and run to Karl right now, apologizing for what i know wasn't worth apologizing for...i miss him so much...but Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters are what's best for Ben right now.