[R/D]chapter thirty four: fireside bonding.

Ghost writing and writing this book is proving to be a bit hard...i shall not stop, Heisenberg deserves love and so does Lady Dimitrescu!

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you can carry that?"
I ask.

"Hell yeah, i do heavy lifting all the time."
Karl says...hes holding like, six logs, yeah they're chopped up, but he could use help....i could've carried that scrap metal he used, but he seemed pretty keen on keeping it back in the forest once we used it.

"Why cant i lift any?"
I ask.

"Because...just no."
Karl says.

"I'm just as strong! Im a special forces officer!"
I growl.

"And you haven't eaten in almost four days, maybe more, who fucking knows, but you're definitely not strong enough to help right now."
Karl says.

"...when i eat, im gonna help you do heavy lifting shit, im just as strong..!"
I say.

"Whatever you say, Little officer."
Karl mumbles.

We finally reach the yard of the factory, im greeted with the familiar smell of metal and oil...i've come to love it, i guess spending time with Karl has made me like the smell.

"Just sit it here."
I say, pointing to the area beside the pot, he does as i say and sits the logs on the ground.

"Now how do we light it?"
Karl asks.

"...any more magic?"
I ask.

"The magic of throwing you out a window."
Karl says.

"..we're outside."
I mumble.

"Than in a window, something with a fucking window."
Karl says.

"...why not just match a fire? Like, hit some metal and make sparks..!"
I suggest.

"...that could work."
Karl says, he raises his hands and two metal sheets get dragged towards him, landing in his grasp as usual...i will never ger fully used to that.

"Soup here we come.."
I mumble.

He hits the scrap together and ignites some sparks, but The sparks lands on the cold ground.

"Damnit."
Karl grumbles.

"Its fine, just try again."
I say.

Karl hits the metal a second time, to which more sparks fly, but they all miss the wood...we aren't all that lucky tonight, are we?

"How?? I'm standing right above the fucking wood!"
Karl growls.

"Well...third times a charm?"
I mumble.

"Second time was our lucky charm last time, not sure why it isn't this time."
Karl says.

"Maybe we didn't use the charm right, and it just...broke."
I say.

"Yeah...maybe so."
Karl mumbles.

Karl hits the two metal scraps together one last time, a large spark bursts from the friction and lands onto the logs, sparking a fire that slowly grows, i quickly sit the pot full of our food onto the fire.

"Holy shit, it worked...we did it."
Karl says.

"Yeah! We did it!"
I cheer.

"I thought we'd die of old fucking age before we got it."
Karl jokes, grinning his usual grin.

"We got the soup!"
I exclaim, sitting down near the fire, Karl sets the metal sheets beside us and sits with me.

"Hey..i've wanted to ask for a while, what are those numbers on the sleeve of your shirt?"
Karl asks, pointing to the numbers on my mangled officer shirt...it was fine before the acid rain Moreau spat at me, now Its hanging on threads.