[R/D]chapter thirty nine: marvelous escapes the monster

My tarot cards are saying some strange shit, and so are my social media things...the day i go on vacation, i do not like this. *-*

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, rise and shine, li...buttercup!"
Karl says, pulling the sheets off of me.

"...what time is it?"
I mumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Time for me to work."
He says, walking to the door and opening it.

"Why did you wake me up...??"
I ask, he looks back at me with a grin.

"If i have to work, you have to stay awake, that way we both suffer."
Karl says.

"But cant i just sleep for a few more minutes...?"
I ask.

"No, I'll be done with my experiments soon, just don't wander off and I'll be back soon."
Karl says.

"Damn you, metal man."
I mumble.

"You're stuck with my dumb shit, buttercup!"
He says, closing the door.

I sit there for a few seconds, before getting up and stretching. I walk over to the door, opening it and leaving the room.

"I wonder what creepy stuff will happen today.."
I say, walking to the elevator, i get into it and press the 'ground floor' button.

He said not to wander off, but he's left me alone in the factory yard three times now, i think its fine if i go out here again, just long enough to stretch my legs.

"Today better be good.."
I say to myself, walking out of the elevator and to the front door, I'll leave it open to remind myself not to go too far, i know Karl would be pissed if it got cold in there.

I breathe in the fresh, cold air, staring at the frost covered land and the horrific village...i can even see a bit of Moreau's windmill from here.

"Fuck, cold air feels great...that factory is way too fucking hot."
I say.

I notice something in the distance, something...very familiar, it looks like a giant hammer...made of gears, that has to be Karl's, but why's it by the gate? And why is the gate open...?

I walk away from the factory, passing the fence and getting to the hammer.

"Huh...didn't i see this at Moreau's windmill? Did he drag it back and leave it here? No...i didn't see him grab it after i fell in the water."
I mumble, grabbing it, i spot something else in the corner of my eye, next to the village i can just barely see from where im standing, it looks like....black cloth, moving around, i look back to see if i can run to the factory in time, but the distance is too far, whatever it is would see me before i make it...shit.

I quickly hide behind a tree, seeing the cloth walk away from behind the house, i can see that its a woman, not cloth. Shes wearing a robe like the Cassandra and Daniela did, except this woman has a detailed cloth hanging over her neck, draping down to her hips, and she has what looks like a golden crow mask.

"Foolish son of mine...i do get curious of why he doesn't attend these meetings anymore...but men are a mystery."
The woman mumbles, turning back and walking away.

'Son of mine'...? Was she talking about Karl? But Karl said he was taken...is that Miranda? Holy shit...its her! Shes so close, and she doesn't look as powerful as Karl marks her up to be...

I should go, right now, Karl's going to be done and he's going to be worried...i just have to turn right now and walk away.

"The Dimitrescu household and Heisenberg both seem to have acted strange, although Alcina is to be hunting down the human...i Must be hurrying to the church to meet with her, who knows what she may think if im late...that human needs to be at my feet quickly, the ceremony can not wait much longet"
Miranda says.

Ceremony...? who is Alcina? Is that Lady Dimitrescu's real name? If so...is she hunting me down? Miranda said something about meeting her....fuck, i have to see where this is.

I'll go to where they're meeting and see where it is, then I'll immediately run back to Karl and warn him about Lady Dimitrescu..but i have to be quick.

I wait until she's far enough to not see me if she turns, then i slowly stalk her, following her to wherever shes going...i'll be back soon, i have to help in some way, and if this is as serious as it sounds...this will definitely be a good way of helping.

Karl POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its like a fucking potion...an acidic one."
I mumble, putting the mason jar full of..something, away from me.

I grab the paper Lady bitch put on my desk...i hate it more than anything, but at this point knowing what's at stake is the only thing that's keeping me from stopping.

I just need to get this done, then i can get them out, it shouldn't be this hard...why the fuck is it so hard?!

"Fuck you."
I hiss, hitting the paper and grabbing the jar...i just need one more thing...i think i should check on (y/n) before i go get the last thing, maybe their cheering about the war will help me focus on bringing the bitches down.

I walk out of my lab, turning to the elevator and pressing the second floor button, i while its going down, i see the office door...wide open. When the elevator opens, i sprint to the office and look around...they arent here, they're gone.

"Fuck...DUMBASS!! WHERE ARE YOU??"
I growl, marching out of the room, i look at the railing and see the front door...open.

They didn't fucking dare.